Citizenship Application 2019

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Post Reply
betelgeuse
Posts: 3350
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:24 am

Re: Citizenship Application 2019

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:12 pm

kuusipalaa wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:10 pm
There is no waiting period in the citizenship law, so MiGri can consider applications for as long as it takes.
They can't even if there is no explicit time limit set.
Section 23
Consideration without delay

A matter shall be considered without undue delay.

Upon the request of a party, the authority shall inform the party about the estimated date of issue of a decision and respond to queries about the progress of consideration.
https://www.finlex.fi/fi/laki/kaannokse ... 030434.pdf



Re: Citizenship Application 2019

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic
 

kuusipalaa
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:54 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2019

Post by kuusipalaa » Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:32 pm

Section 23a (368/2014)

Determining the duration of consideration
In the main categories of matters within its area of responsibility, an authority shall determine the expected duration of consideration for those matters requiring an administrative decision that can become pending only on the motion of a party. This does not apply to the consideration of matters with a statutory time limit.



The law does not set a time for making a decision on Finnish citizenship.

kuusipalaa
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:54 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2019

Post by kuusipalaa » Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:43 pm

What is considered an undue delay? What law should be used in specifying the terms of consideration?



At first, the application processing time was specified as 5-7 months, but then changed to 11-12. The MiGri website says about delays in October, but it's almost March.

application
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:34 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2019

Post by application » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:47 pm

Hi,
Recently I received supplement request in which they asked how did I support myself throughout my support in Finland. I forgot to mention about a bank transaction of 7 thousand euro in the first year of my stay. I want to know is it something to worry about? What happens if you forget to tell something to migri? Do they take it as hidding information?
Please reply me I am extremely worried. Please share your experience.

kuusipalaa
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:54 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2019

Post by kuusipalaa » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:46 am

Tell them the truth and don't hide anything. Checking accounts is not a problem for them. Don't worry, only if you didn't do something illegal)

I do not think that this can be a problem, it is not the amount that is worth worrying about, it is not 700 thousand. I have several times transferred different amounts of several thousand euros to my account. Nothing happened. I'm a citizen.

good luck!

P.s
When did you confirm your identity?

Doncod
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:02 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2019

Post by Doncod » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:01 pm

application wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:47 pm
Hi,
Recently I received supplement request in which they asked how did I support myself throughout my support in Finland. I forgot to mention about a bank transaction of 7 thousand euro in the first year of my stay. I want to know is it something to worry about? What happens if you forget to tell something to migri? Do they take it as hidding information?
Please reply me I am extremely worried. Please share your experience.

Hello, when did you apply and when did you get the supplement?

application
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:34 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2019

Post by application » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:15 pm

kuusipalaa wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:46 am
Tell them the truth and don't hide anything. Checking accounts is not a problem for them. Don't worry, only if you didn't do something illegal)

I do not think that this can be a problem, it is not the amount that is worth worrying about, it is not 700 thousand. I have several times transferred different amounts of several thousand euros to my account. Nothing happened. I'm a citizen.

good luck!

P.s
When did you confirm your identity?
You you mean I should write them a letter again that i forgot to mention about a transaction? But i was thinking they did not ask about transaction details but a general question that how did i support my living throughout my stay. I started job from the second year of my coming to finland and this has been the actual source of my living.

I confirmed my identity in last february, got supplement request on 4 feb which i responded on 6 feb. Now it is going to be 3 weeks now and there is no response from them.

betelgeuse
Posts: 3350
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:24 am

Re: Citizenship Application 2019

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:17 pm

kuusipalaa wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:43 pm
What is considered an undue delay? What law should be used in specifying the terms of consideration?
Requires analysis of precedent contrasted with the individual case.

kuusipalaa
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:54 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2019

Post by kuusipalaa » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:29 pm

application

You can send them if you lived on this money, write what you forgot and indicate where the money came from (savings, help from relatives, or something like that).
Last edited by kuusipalaa on Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kuusipalaa
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:54 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2019

Post by kuusipalaa » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:30 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:17 pm
kuusipalaa wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:43 pm
What is considered an undue delay? What law should be used in specifying the terms of consideration?
Requires analysis of precedent contrasted with the individual case.

I'm afraid it doesn't work like that

lapilainen
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:23 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2019

Post by lapilainen » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:46 pm

application wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:15 pm
kuusipalaa wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:46 am
Tell them the truth and don't hide anything. Checking accounts is not a problem for them. Don't worry, only if you didn't do something illegal)

I do not think that this can be a problem, it is not the amount that is worth worrying about, it is not 700 thousand. I have several times transferred different amounts of several thousand euros to my account. Nothing happened. I'm a citizen.

good luck!

P.s
When did you confirm your identity?
You you mean I should write them a letter again that i forgot to mention about a transaction? But i was thinking they did not ask about transaction details but a general question that how did i support my living throughout my stay. I started job from the second year of my coming to finland and this has been the actual source of my living.

I confirmed my identity in last february, got supplement request on 4 feb which i responded on 6 feb. Now it is going to be 3 weeks now and there is no response from them.
My suggestion "Do not trouble the trouble, until trouble troubles you"

Mirannez
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:32 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2019

Post by Mirannez » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:48 pm

kuusipalaa wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:30 pm
betelgeuse wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:17 pm
kuusipalaa wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:43 pm
What is considered an undue delay? What law should be used in specifying the terms of consideration?
Requires analysis of precedent contrasted with the individual case.

I'm afraid it doesn't work like that
Hi,
Could you please let us know what date in February 2019 and in which city you verified your identity?

My application date is 19 Feb 2019 in Oulu, and I am still in the stage 1 (Waiting for processing)!

Thanks!
Last edited by Mirannez on Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

lapilainen
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:23 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2019

Post by lapilainen » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:08 pm

Finland2015 wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:43 pm
Since my application completed 1 year, migri stopped answering my emails.......why? Because now they have nothing to say why are they delaying my application beyond official processing time.

Is there any institution which could keep check on migri?????
Bro unfortunately we can not do anything. This is the only place where we can vent our frustration. However, it seems the heat has started reaching migri as now I have started seeing some comments in favor of migri like they are doing their best, they have limited resources, they have fired 100 people etc etc. While it is just their non professionalism and illiteracy as they don't know what is the meaning of rhe word "queue".

Finland2015
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:05 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2019

Post by Finland2015 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:01 pm

lapilainen wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:08 pm
Finland2015 wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:43 pm
Since my application completed 1 year, migri stopped answering my emails.......why? Because now they have nothing to say why are they delaying my application beyond official processing time.

Is there any institution which could keep check on migri?????
Bro unfortunately we can not do anything. This is the only place where we can vent our frustration. However, it seems the heat has started reaching migri as now I have started seeing some comments in favor of migri like they are doing their best, they have limited resources, they have fired 100 people etc etc. While it is just their non professionalism and illiteracy as they don't know what is the meaning of rhe word "queue".
I wonder 1 year is not enough for migri to prove that they have "limited resources"? At least they should specify the time for each applicant so that one could know which month is the time for their decision. This is utter mismanagement and nothing else.
My RP is going to expire in a few months. I am already fed up from this application and they are pushing me to submit a new application. I am so frustrated.

kuusipalaa
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:54 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2019

Post by kuusipalaa » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:25 pm


My RP is going to expire in a few months. I am already fed up from this application and they are pushing me to submit a new application. I am so frustrated.

same with my friend, applied in first dates of April, RP end in middle March and they said do a new one!. What a dumb, permanent residence permit is considered up to 5 months now. Money to the void!


Post Reply