Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Nolubhay

Post by Nolubhay » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:45 am

Last edited by Nolubhay on Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

vla

Re: Question regarding apartment listings

Post by vla » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:14 pm

Nolubhay wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:45 am
Hello all,

So I am looking for a rental apartment online through various websites, and what I've come across are a few words that aren't clear to me so I was hoping that someone would shed some light on their meanings, for example I found listings with the words "Vuokrahuoneisto", and "Soloasunto" and such much. For example what does "vapaarahoitteinen" mean?

Do these mean "Full apartment" meaning I don't get to share the place with anyone else? or is that just labeled as "Asunto" or something like that?

What I want, is to rent an apartment alone, without roommates or other occupants, what is the proper keyword to look for such apartments? because vuokrahuoneisto sounds like hospice or hostel or even "room for rent with others nearby".

Can you please help me figure this out?
Much appreciated

EDIT: added the word vapaarahoitteinen to the post.
Vapaarahoitteinen means "not subsidized", so it means that the government doesn't provide any help for the rental price. I don't know finnish but Vuokrahuoneisto sounds like "rental room", so probably that's not what you are looking for. Where exactly are you looking for? I found my apartment on http://vuokraovi.com and didn't have any problem.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:12 am

vla wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:14 pm
I don't know finnish but Vuokrahuoneisto sounds like "rental room", so probably that's not what you are looking for.
huoneisto means apartment

Nolubhay

Post by Nolubhay » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:23 pm