cooking smell/odour

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
jack2012

cooking smell/odour

Post by jack2012 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:15 pm

Hi,

How do you deal with cooking odour in apartments specially in very cold. Do you use any Air Purifier if yes then how do you choose right for you. I tried one Air Purifier but it did not work for me.

I do not cook often like once in a week but I feel smell for 2-3 days in apartment.

How do you guys handle it or any advise for me on this?

Kiitos :)

cooking smell/odour

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

vla

Re: cooking smell/odour

Post by vla » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:21 pm

jack2012 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:15 pm
Hi,

How do you deal with cooking odour in apartments specially in very cold. Do you use any Air Purifier if yes then how do you choose right for you. I tried one Air Purifier but it did not work for me.

I do not cook often like once in a week but I feel smell for 2-3 days in apartment.

How do you guys handle it or any advise for me on this?

Kiitos :)
Usually a good kitchen hood is enough. What the hell are you cooking? :lol:

riku2

Post by riku2 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:25 am

what kind of cooker hood do you have? the kind that blows the air outside or recirculates air inside the kitchen? the recirculation type can have carbon filters (although not always) to reduce the smell. they don't last forever though and need replacing every few years. there is normally also a metal mesh (to catch grease). you can remove that and put it in the dishwasher to clean it (about twice a year).

jack2012

Post by jack2012 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:49 pm

Actually, there is no cooking hood in my kitchen, I do not cook alot so I never paid attention to it when renting. There is one small exhaust only.

I do not cook any special, sometime lets say omelette or some frozen food in oven or something alike