First name changing

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Moimoi123

First name changing

Post by Moimoi123 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:54 am

Hello guys,

Do you guys know how long does it takes to process a first name changing in Finland where I have Finnish citizenship already ?

Well, its actually not totally change my first name, lets say adding one new name into my official name.

Best regards

First name changing

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Upphew

Re: First name changing

Post by Upphew » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:49 pm

Moimoi123 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:54 am
Hello guys,

Do you guys know how long does it takes to process a first name changing in Finland where I have Finnish citizenship already ?

Well, its actually not totally change my first name, lets say adding one new name into my official name.

Best regards
Two months: https://www.maistraatti.fi/fi/Tietoa-ma ... -palvelut/
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

Moimoi123

Post by Moimoi123 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:15 pm

Hi,

Thanks. Just saw it later after posting this topic 😝

NeverTooNorth

Post by NeverTooNorth » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:02 am

I have changed just one letter in the spelling of my first name. It took very short. I made application online and then called to their name-changing office (I got a number from Maistratti). I said that I have to apply for passport so I need it quicker. They send me bill to my e-mail, I send them back payment conformation and in about an hour it was already changed in population register.
But I'm not sure how it would work in case of adding a name. If they have to apply for decision if the name is acceptable it will definitely take longer.

Moimoi123

Post by Moimoi123 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:35 pm

NeverTooNorth wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:02 am
I have changed just one letter in the spelling of my first name. It took very short. I made application online and then called to their name-changing office (I got a number from Maistratti). I said that I have to apply for passport so I need it quicker. They send me bill to my e-mail, I send them back payment conformation and in about an hour it was already changed in population register.
But I'm not sure how it would work in case of adding a name. If they have to apply for decision if the name is acceptable it will definitely take longer.
Thanks for you information, NeverTooNorth :)

I also did the same this morning, they sent me bill to my email and a "instruction paper about name changing".

According to the paper, it would take about 2-4 months depends on cases because since the begining this year, they applied the Name Law so they can not tell exactly how long does it take. Name changing process will start only after payment is made.

I also paid the bill right away when I received the bill from my email to shorten the process somehow :D

May I ask how much did you pay for it ? I believe even for one letter or whole First name , the price would be the same xD

Moimoi123

Post by Moimoi123 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:37 pm

Yes, I also mentioned that I would appreciate if they can make it any faster because I also need that to apply Finnish Passport anf ID card.

Hope they can make it faster for me 😌😌😌

NeverTooNorth

Post by NeverTooNorth » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:24 am

Moimoi123 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:35 pm
May I ask how much did you pay for it ? I believe even for one letter or whole First name , the price would be the same xD
I expected to pay a hundred according to what I read on Maistraatti website, but the bill was only 25 euros if I remember correctly. It was a nice surprise for me.
Who knows, maybe I was lucky to be just on time with my change in the end of last year. :)
And I hope it won't take too long for you as well.

Moimoi123

Post by Moimoi123 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:32 am

NeverTooNorth wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:24 am
Moimoi123 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:35 pm
I expected to pay a hundred according to what I read on Maistraatti website, but the bill was only 25 euros if I remember correctly. It was a nice surprise for me.
Who knows, maybe I was lucky to be just on time with my change in the end of last year. :)
And I hope it won't take too long for you as well.
Wow , that was very good price. They dont have this 25€ anymore . From this year all the change at First name costs 45€ . Last name starts from 100€

Btw, did they inform you when the name changed ? I mean by notification ( email, text message )?

Thanks for your wish. I hope so too :)

NeverTooNorth

Post by NeverTooNorth » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:02 am

Moimoi123 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:32 am
Wow , that was very good price. They dont have this 25€ anymore . From this year all the change at First name costs 45€ . Last name starts from 100€

Btw, did they inform you when the name changed ? I mean by notification ( email, text message )?

I know that many prices for official services have risen started from the beginning of this year. :-|

And I've got informed about change been made by e-mail : they replied me writing thanks for payment conformation and informing that the name has been already changed in the system. But in the very first phone call they told me that this tiny change of mine does not need any approval from some "Name committee" of theirs since it's too obvious. In fact I still have the same name, but written according to Finnish rules. Maybe it was the reason for this quick processing.

Moimoi123

Post by Moimoi123 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:00 pm

NeverTooNorth wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:02 am
Moimoi123 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:32 am

I know that many prices for official services have risen started from the beginning of this year. :-|

And I've got informed about change been made by e-mail : they replied me writing thanks for payment conformation and informing that the name has been already changed in the system. But in the very first phone call they told me that this tiny change of mine does not need any approval from some "Name committee" of theirs since it's too obvious. In fact I still have the same name, but written according to Finnish rules. Maybe it was the reason for this quick processing.

Thanks for information!

I guess i need to wait then. My case is a bit complicated than yours case. But hopefully everything will be fine. At least she said she accepted this change xD