My vision cannot be corrected with glasses but requires special fitting and contact lenses. Will KELA help?

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
hoangmai

My vision cannot be corrected with glasses but requires special fitting and contact lenses. Will KELA help?

Post by hoangmai » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:55 pm

Hello guys,

I have an eye disease for 7 years already, and my vision is really bad and cannot be corrected with eyeglasses. I can only use scleral lenses that require fitting from an optician. The scleral lenses are very costly, around several thousand euros. I would like to ask if it is possible for me to get KELA cover in this situation? If yes, then what exactly should I do?

I was advised to go to KELA directly and explain the situation, however, I do not have any document with me to support the claim (or at least none of those are in English/Finnish). Do you know where could I easily get a check-up to get the document that my vision cannot be corrected with glasses in Finland to prove to KELA? Thanks for any help!

Cheers!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

network_engineer

Re: My vision cannot be corrected with glasses but requires special fitting and contact lenses. Will KELA help?

Post by network_engineer » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:41 pm

Hi,

Have you checked what the prices are here in Finland? What are these lenses called in Finnish? I just remembered that some of them may not be as expensive as e.g. in the US.