Day care and local registration issues

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
vla

Post by vla » Fri May 10, 2019 11:34 am

My daughter has a place in day care center starting in august. We have made the registration for her but in Maistraati they said it will take 4-5 weeks. And in the day care they are asking me to take the extract from the population registration.

By the way, I am already registered since december, but my daughter arrived last week so we just went to Maistraati then. She has social security number (we got it together with the residence permit back in november).

I am afraid we can loose the place in the day care center. Is there anything I can do?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Day care and local registration issues

Post by betelgeuse » Fri May 10, 2019 1:12 pm

vla wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 11:34 am
By the way, I am already registered since december, but my daughter arrived last week so we just went to Maistraati then. She has social security number (we got it together with the residence permit back in november).
There are no social security numbers – only personal identity codes. The difference is significant since you can have the latter without access to social security.
vla wrote:
I am afraid we can loose the place in the day care center. Is there anything I can do?
You have the right to get an estimate on when the application will be processed. Starting with such a query is a good place to start.

vla

Post by vla » Fri May 10, 2019 3:17 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 1:12 pm
vla wrote:
There are no social security numbers – only personal identity codes. The difference is significant since you can have the latter without access to social security.
vla wrote:
You have the right to get an estimate on when the application will be processed. Starting with such a query is a good place to start.
You mean the application to day care center? It has already been processed and we have got a place in a center, the one we chose as first option. Now the manager of that center is asking me for the local registration and the extract of the population registry.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Fri May 10, 2019 7:25 pm

vla wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 3:17 pm
You mean the application to day care center?
The application for the municipality of residence and personal identity code.

vla

Post by vla » Fri May 10, 2019 10:38 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 7:25 pm
vla wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 3:17 pm
You mean the application to day care center?
The application for the municipality of residence and personal identity code.
They did say the estimate, they said 5 weeks. We already have personal identity code since november 2018.