Upgrade to P-EU permit?

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
justaguy

Upgrade to P-EU permit?

Post by justaguy » Wed May 22, 2019 4:25 pm

Hey folks.

I've had a Permanent permit for 2 years. I was 7 days away from getting a P-EU permit instead when I applied. Left the application until the 2nd last day of my continuous period (to get as many days as possible) but after crunching the numbers I still didn't have enough days the police officer told me (did this back when Poliisi did the applications), I was exactly 7 short... just my luck.

I want to upgrade my Permanent permit, to a P-EU permit.

Thing is Migri has no information how to do this, either in Finnish, Swedish or English.

They state you need to have the same grounds as your continuous A-type permit and you need a valid continuous A permit.
Well I have neither. My ex and I got divorced a year ago and I haven't had an A-type permit for 2 years.

I called up Migri but the person I spoke to was useless and literally just read me the webpage I was looking at. When I asked her how to apply in my own case she just told me to book an appointment to have the permanent permit done despite me telling her that I had neither of those above 2 things. When I asked if it was possible to change from P to P-EU she said she didn't know. So she basically had no idea what I was asking and it seemed her only job was to literally just read the website for me.

So is it possible? I want to know for sure because it's 190€ for the application fee. In addition to that it takes 3-6 months to apply and I also need to make an appointment at Migri somewhere.

Actually I am somewhat worried they might revoke my permanent permit or downgrade it or something because I'm not married any longer and I am not working any longer either. I'm studying 1 more year in university and this is my final stretch, and I want to do 1 year overseas and having the P-EU permit means I avoid the hassle of getting a student permit in Sweden where I want to study for 1 year. With the student permit they want to see at least 8000€ in my bank which I don't have and I don't need that much any way. I have about 4 grand and a good plan but the woman @Migrationsverket was pretty adamant that I either get 8 thousand euros or I don't get a positive decision...

Does anyone know if it can be done? Migrationsverket (Sweden) had quite a bit more information than Migri (Finland) about my situation and they said I should download and complete the form P EY 2003/109 EY or
P EG 2003/109 EG
but I cannot find that form anywhere on Migri's website and I have looked high and low. Migri person I spoke to also didn't know where that form is or even what it was...

So am I screwed for upgrading my P-Permit? If everything says I need an A-type permit and the same reasons for getting one, what do I do?

Can I just accidentally 'lose' my P-Permit card and have them give me a P-EU one this time as I've been here now 7 years? (Wouldn't that be nice).

Thanks a ton in advance for any replies!

Upgrade to P-EU permit?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Upphew

Re: Upgrade to P-EU permit?

Post by Upphew » Thu May 23, 2019 10:41 am

justaguy wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 4:25 pm
Hey folks.

I've had a Permanent permit for 2 years. I was 7 days away from getting a P-EU permit instead when I applied. Left the application until the 2nd last day of my continuous period (to get as many days as possible) but after crunching the numbers I still didn't have enough days the police officer told me (did this back when Poliisi did the applications), I was exactly 7 short... just my luck.

I want to upgrade my Permanent permit, to a P-EU permit.

Thing is Migri has no information how to do this, either in Finnish, Swedish or English.

They state you need to have the same grounds as your continuous A-type permit and you need a valid continuous A permit.
Well I have neither. My ex and I got divorced a year ago and I haven't had an A-type permit for 2 years.

I called up Migri but the person I spoke to was useless and literally just read me the webpage I was looking at. When I asked her how to apply in my own case she just told me to book an appointment to have the permanent permit done despite me telling her that I had neither of those above 2 things. When I asked if it was possible to change from P to P-EU she said she didn't know. So she basically had no idea what I was asking and it seemed her only job was to literally just read the website for me.

So is it possible? I want to know for sure because it's 190€ for the application fee. In addition to that it takes 3-6 months to apply and I also need to make an appointment at Migri somewhere.

Actually I am somewhat worried they might revoke my permanent permit or downgrade it or something because I'm not married any longer and I am not working any longer either. I'm studying 1 more year in university and this is my final stretch, and I want to do 1 year overseas and having the P-EU permit means I avoid the hassle of getting a student permit in Sweden where I want to study for 1 year. With the student permit they want to see at least 8000€ in my bank which I don't have and I don't need that much any way. I have about 4 grand and a good plan but the woman @Migrationsverket was pretty adamant that I either get 8 thousand euros or I don't get a positive decision...

Does anyone know if it can be done? Migrationsverket (Sweden) had quite a bit more information than Migri (Finland) about my situation and they said I should download and complete the form P EY 2003/109 EY or
P EG 2003/109 EG
but I cannot find that form anywhere on Migri's website and I have looked high and low. Migri person I spoke to also didn't know where that form is or even what it was...

So am I screwed for upgrading my P-Permit? If everything says I need an A-type permit and the same reasons for getting one, what do I do?

Can I just accidentally 'lose' my P-Permit card and have them give me a P-EU one this time as I've been here now 7 years? (Wouldn't that be nice).

Thanks a ton in advance for any replies!
Migri's take on Eu residence permit: https://migri.fi/en/eu-residence-permit
And you can apply here: https://migri.fi/en/application-for-a-p ... nce-permit or with pen and paper: https://migri.fi/documents/5202425/5790 ... 8en%29.pdf

When you get the PEU then you switch it to Swedish residense permit, so quite a lot form filling and application fees coming up.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

Maeke

Re: Upgrade to P-EU permit?

Post by Maeke » Tue May 28, 2019 7:57 am

Hummm. There must be something I’m missing. According to Migri, in order to get the P-EU permit, you still need the same conditions to obtain a type A RP, which you say you don't have anymore right?