Don't know how to pay HSL penalty

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
HungarianPixie

Post by HungarianPixie » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:37 pm

Hi,
I went to Helsinki 1 week ago and spent some days there. I bought a 24 hours ticket to the ABC zone at the Cheap Sleep Helsinki Hostel ( I also stayed there) and asked if my ticket was valid, they said yes. So I used my ticket countless times(only in that 24hours) and I tought it was valid. Turned out, not. I was leaving Helsinki, going to the ferry to Estonia and the ticket inspector said my ticket wasn't valid and I have to pay 80 euros. I was in a hurry, so I had no time to go to the HSL Office. The inspector said,I have to pay it online, but I don't know how to. On the paper, everything is written in finnish or swedish and I can't speak neither.
Could you please, tell me where and how can I pay my penalty?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Valinnan vapaus

Re: Don't know how to pay HSL penalty

Post by Valinnan vapaus » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:21 pm

So were you trying to use the Helsinki ABC ticket as a ferry ticket? Did someone tell you that was included?

Could you scan the part of the fine with the bank and whatever info?

vla

Post by vla » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:26 pm

Valinnan vapaus wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:21 pm
So were you trying to use the Helsinki ABC ticket as a ferry ticket? Did someone tell you that was included?

Could you scan the part of the fine with the bank and whatever info?
That sounds like impossible as there is a check-in to get to the ferries, so you cannot get in without a valid ticket.

I understand that he/she was going to get to the ferry to Estonia and bought a day ticket (there is no such thing like "24 hour ticket") and used the same ticket on the next day, so that's why she/he need to pay the fine.

I have no idea how to pay for those, I have never got one of those. I guess there should be some institution name on the fine so he/she can start looking there.

HungarianPixie

Post by HungarianPixie » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:12 pm

But,there was a 24hours ticket which is valid from the first validation (as i know since the inspector told me) in the next 24 hours.
Anyways,here's my penalty.

Hämeen Hitain

Post by Hämeen Hitain » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:11 am

I think the OP tried to travel from city to ferry terminal with expired ticket. To pay it you need tilinumero/ bank account number of HSL shown in the paper you got from the inspector, and viitenumero that tells that it is your payment. What is viitenumero in English?

HSL do have 24, 48 etc tickets for all possible zones. https://www.hsl.fi/liput/vuorokausiliput

heretostay

Post by heretostay » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:02 am

Reference number in English ;)

Valinnan vapaus

Post by Valinnan vapaus » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:19 am

If you still have the day ticket (or was it on your phone? maybe you got some receit?) and can show that you traveled away by ferry the same day before it had expired, you could prove that it was not a rightful fine... unless it was of course.

You could try calling the switchboard, number listed on this page.

https://www.hsl.fi/en/contacts

heretostay

Post by heretostay » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:28 am

The bank information is showing on the fine. Have your bank send the 80€ to hat account with the reference number and then it will be paid.

nikskate

Post by nikskate » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:55 pm

You need to pay 80€ to the account number on the ticket. The account number, account name and reference number is shown on the penalty ticket already.