Voluntarily providing additional document for the Finnish citizenship application?

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Samer2010

Voluntarily providing additional document for the Finnish citizenship application?

Post by Samer2010 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:05 pm

Hi Forum,

For someone who is planning to apply for the Finnish citizenship, Is it useful that the person additionally provides an official (Translated and notarized) non-criminal certificate from his/her original homeland?

It is kinda a clearance and evidence of no criminal record. Such document is issued from the homeland's official authorities like: The general intelligence directorate, also from: Ministry of Justice.

I am aware of all the actual requirements as stated clearly on: https://migri.fi/en/citizenship-application I guess my question her is would such documents be helpful and supporting in the process? What do you think?

Your inputs are very appreciated!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

tavastia

Re: Voluntarily providing additional document for the Finnish citizenship application?

Post by tavastia » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:41 pm

It's not required, don't need to send it. Reading all attachments takes time, adding what is not needed will just increase the processing time.

suomynona.yllatot

Re: Voluntarily providing additional document for the Finnish citizenship application?

Post by suomynona.yllatot » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:06 pm

To answer your question: Anything more than what they absolutely require i.e. 1:1 is going to confuse them. This means 0:1 (less) and 1:2 (more) - both are bad.
Yep, it is! What's the big deal?