Flying foreign flags in Finland: is it permitted?

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
FinnBrit

Post by FinnBrit » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:15 am

I will (probably) soon be moving to a new home with its own flag pole. I am not Finnish and I was wondering whether it is permitted in Finland to fly a foreign flag? I would only want to do this on St George's day - the closest thing to England's national day - so wouldn't be looking to abuse the pole by flying a foreign flag all year round.

I'd appreciate any advice on this :)

The roundest knight at King Arthur's round table was Sir Cumference. He acquired his size from too much pi.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

heretostay

Re: Flying foreign flags in Finland: is it permitted?

Post by heretostay » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:44 am

The business where I work puts foreign flags up several times a year for various reasons. Never a problem. It is a 5 m flagpole too.

Y77

Post by Y77 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:57 pm

As long as it is your own detached house and you do this on your own private ground I think it's allowed, it would be a different matter if you used the flag pole in a block of flats, especially the one where I live, I would be really pissed off and wouldn't last long up there.

You could even fly a nazi flag, then you can always say it's a lotta svard flag, they are pretty much the same.

Brent

Post by Brent » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:12 pm

"Ulkomaalaiset voivat liputtaa Suomessa omien maidensa lipuilla liputus- ja merkkipäivinään."

riku2

Post by riku2 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:36 am

so in english, "foreign flags can be flown in accordance to the flag days of the country the flag is from".
In the UK there is no concept of "flag days".. you can fly the flag any day you want (every day of the year if you like). So no limits in Finland then.