Max age for conscription?

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
BahunKoKhasi

Re: Max age for conscription?

Post by BahunKoKhasi » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:33 am

I am going to be 30 years old on February 2020 and I have to go army on January 2020, So While joining the army, if you are still under 30 then you must go. But if you are a student and if the army is going to disturb your studies then it is possible to be exempted.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Lucius

Post by Lucius » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:10 pm

I will be 30 yo in October this year and I applied for citizenship .Will I be called up for service if I am granted finnish citizenship before October this year?

browndude

Post by browndude » Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:04 am

Lucius wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:10 pm
I will be 30 yo in October this year and I applied for citizenship .Will I be called up for service if I am granted finnish citizenship before October this year?
Yes, I think so. You age out of the requirement when you turn 31 as far as I know. Do you have some legit. reason for not doing the military service? You could possibly substitute it for non-military civil service as well.
ImageImage

Lucius

Post by Lucius » Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:50 am

Hi ot this message from the message from the finnish defense forces when I tried to inquire about it.

Hey,
Thank you for your message. Conscript service must be completed no later than the end of the year in which the person turns 30 and must begin no later than the year in which the conscript turns 29 (Arms Act § 28). In the case of those who have received citizenship, we always consider the actual possibility of performing the service within the above-mentioned information on a case-by-case basis