Max age for conscription?

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
BahunKoKhasi

Re: Max age for conscription?

Post by BahunKoKhasi » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:33 am

I am going to be 30 years old on February 2020 and I have to go army on January 2020, So While joining the army, if you are still under 30 then you must go. But if you are a student and if the army is going to disturb your studies then it is possible to be exempted.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

yrtti

Post by yrtti » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:34 pm

I'm curious of this topic also. I am turning 30 in 2 months. I am looking at applying for citizenship this year.
I assume that if I got citizenship any time this year, I would still be drafted. Is that correct?

If so, I guess the only way to avoid this would be to get granted citizenship at the earliest on Jan 01, 2022. Which would be the year that I turn 31.

Have I interpreted this wrongly?
BahunKoKhasi wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:33 am
I am going to be 30 years old on February 2020 and I have to go army on January 2020, So While joining the army, if you are still under 30 then you must go. But if you are a student and if the army is going to disturb your studies then it is possible to be exempted.
Based on previous posts, I thought the age cut-off was 31, not 30. So if you are even under 30 then you definitely have to go. But I would like someone else who understands the law to let me know whether or not I am wrong.