Nordea giving me headaches

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
sijazme

Post by sijazme » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:35 pm

I have been to Nordea three times already just to find out that they need a personal identity number to open an account. Today I received my personal identity number and then headed to Nordea with all smiles and happy and with a paper issued by the maistraatti.fi which shows my personal identity number wide and clear. They now want a work contract in order to open the account. Sorry what why do you need that? Has anyone ever received this much trouble opening an account with Nordea. The whole process seems like a nightmare and they always seem to want to discourage opening a new account. What's up with that?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

agroot

Re: Nordea giving me headaches

Post by agroot » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:59 pm

Not surprising. I also brought my work contract to OP and cited it for apartment rental.

You're not a Finn yes? Why would they trust you?

rio

Post by rio » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:30 pm

agroot wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:59 pm
That's quite weird logic.In most of the countries (including Finland when I checked last time), you don't need to be a citizen to get a bank account. What the trust has to do about it? You pay the bank for the services you use, its a business.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:10 pm

sijazme wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:35 pm
I have been to Nordea three times already just to find out that they need a personal identity number to open an account. Today I received my personal identity number and then headed to Nordea with all smiles and happy and with a paper issued by the maistraatti.fi which shows my personal identity number wide and clear. They now want a work contract in order to open the account. Sorry what why do you need that? Has anyone ever received this much trouble opening an account with Nordea. The whole process seems like a nightmare and they always seem to want to discourage opening a new account. What's up with that?
The term to ask for is basic banking services.

https://www.finanssivalvonta.fi/en/Cons ... -services/

sijazme

Post by sijazme » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:30 pm

I have had bank accounts in Poland on a tourist visa. The whole idea is that you are bringing your own money to them, not the other way around. I have seen this reluctance to start a bank account in all scandanavian countries. Swedbank asked for my marriage certificate. Haha. Crazy.

vla

Post by vla » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:58 pm

sijazme wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:30 pm
I have had bank accounts in Poland on a tourist visa. The whole idea is that you are bringing your own money to them, not the other way around. I have seen this reluctance to start a bank account in all scandanavian countries. Swedbank asked for my marriage certificate. Haha. Crazy.
Finland is not a Scandinavian country, but I get your point. I also had to show my working contract to open an account.

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:03 am

rio wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:30 pm
agroot wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:59 pm
That's quite weird logic.In most of the countries (including Finland when I checked last time), you don't need to be a citizen to get a bank account. What the trust has to do about it? You pay the bank for the services you use, its a business.
Highly regulated business. http://www.finanssiala.fi/en/material/K ... stomer.pdf
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

rio

Post by rio » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:17 am

Upphew wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:03 am
Highly regulated business. http://www.finanssiala.fi/en/material/K ... stomer.pdf
Yes, but KYC doesn't require the citizenship.

praajhen

Post by praajhen » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:14 pm

This post is deleted
Last edited by praajhen on Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

vla

Post by vla » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:05 pm

praajhen wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:14 pm
This is just a beginning. They will give more headaches to you later with their huge banking fees per month. Better open in S-bank or other banks.
I don't agree with this. I pay 4€ monthly which I don't think it's huge.

necadam

Post by necadam » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:04 pm

vla wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:05 pm
praajhen wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:14 pm
This is just a beginning. They will give more headaches to you later with their huge banking fees per month. Better open in S-bank or other banks.
I don't agree with this. I pay 4€ monthly which I don't think it's huge.
Compared to 0 € in S-pankki, it is huge.

burak25

Post by burak25 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:13 pm

Because Nordea is a complete crap. Everything bad about Finnish HR, PR and similar services industries combined together at Nordea.

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:33 am

burak25 wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:13 pm
Because Nordea is a complete crap. Everything bad about Finnish HR, PR and similar services industries combined together at Nordea.
It was just fine before the merger with Swedish, Norwegian and Danish banks...
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

Piet

Post by Piet » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:54 pm

I had no trouble getting an account at nordea, they needed all legal papers that prove your address and identity, but no work contracts or source of income.
That source of income will only be required if you want credit services and / or Netbank (internet banking) and the later one you will only get after 3 months proven steady inflow of money on the account.

That said, the people at Nordea are a bunch of idiots that do not even know the law, even their legal department f*cks up now and then.

Example: I am the executor of a testament and the Finnish law gives the executor the same rights as a court appointed estate administrator, with one exception: you cannot surrender the estate into bankruptcy. Basically it means that I have the right to full control of the estate assets (I must of course do the accounting too, no fraud or mixing with own finances allowed, exactly the same like an administrator).

So I have been administrating the estate for 2,5 years now and received finally last year full control of the bank account (so I can use netbank and a payment card), did those morons block everything last week, because I asked for the bank debet card to be able to use in the bauhaus and K-rauta for the maintenance of the estate's buildings. (Katsastus and storage and chimney cleaner were already possible to pay with the bank card.... but apparently Bauhaus and K-rauta for screws and paint, was not allowed :shock: )

They said that because a distributor had been appointed by the court, that person (lawyer at 275€ and hour) needs to do all the banking. WRONG!!!:
A distributor does the distribution meeting and then transfers all assets to the shareholders when a deed of distribution is agreed upon, until then an administrator or executor administrates the estate.
I actually had to copy the law text and send it to them to make my point.

I had to send all the court documents and testaments AGAIN to convince them they made a mistake and that damages would be filed for if they would not correct their mistake real quick... 2 days later I got back full control with an apology, but with the remark that the case is not so clear and straight forward but they decided to reverse the action their employee did a few days ago.

Damn what an idiots...

But that said, I did everything in English (documents were in Finnish) and their 2nd customer service guy was a very nice and helpful guy and spoke very well English (with slightly Indian accent :lol: ) the first one that screwed up was a Finnish guy and got really annoyed by my complaint about their mistake, what does this experience teach me.... I leave that for you to fill in.. :lol: :lol:
Never could have done this at the S-bank or OP for that matter, so thanks to the English services.. it worked, and I believe that positive fact must be mentioned too!!

So.. that's my 2 cents.. :thumbsup: or :thumbsdown: ........ I can't decide yet, time will tell.

regards piet.
If god would give us the source code, we could change the world

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:32 am

Piet wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:54 pm
I had no trouble getting an account at nordea, they needed all legal papers that prove your address and identity, but no work contracts or source of income.
That source of income will only be required if you want credit services and / or Netbank (internet banking) and the later one you will only get after 3 months proven steady inflow of money on the account.
Netbanking is nowadays part of basic banking services so this information is outdated.