which bank is good for investing small amount of money?

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
rio

Post by rio » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:05 pm

Which bank is good for investing (~25k€) for better ROI?
Or is there any other better investment option than the banks?

How much profit can be expected in an year investing that amount?
Thanks for any advice.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

praajhen

Re: which bank is good for investing small amount of money?

Post by praajhen » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:55 am

As far as I know, in Finland you don't really benefit from the Interest account. Interest rate per annum is 0.1% and they will take a specific amount from the interest money as a tax. For example: if the interest amount per annum is 50€ then you will get around 35€ after tax. Good luck.

Enio

Post by Enio » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:31 pm

As Euribor is negative, interest from savings accounts are very low in many banks.

philimoni

Post by philimoni » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:40 pm

Interest rates in banks here are very low. You may be lucky and find a bank which offers around 1%, which is nothing. 25000€ @ 1% is 250€ per year BEFORE tax.
You should look at different options depending on the risk you are prepared to take.
Cryptocurrencies are very risky but money can be made fast.
Nordnet is a online website where you can trade stocks and shares. (Only problem is it now not possible to buy shares from the USA unless you are a USA citizen)
Buy a small forest block
Buying a small apartment for rent is another option.
I've also heard about P2P lending, but have no personal experience with them. They offer better interest rates than the banks.

They all have there own pluses and minuses.

Good luck for whereever you choose to put your money!

rio

Post by rio » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:28 pm

philimoni wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:40 pm
Interest rates in banks here are very low. You may be lucky and find a bank which offers around 1%, which is nothing. 25000€ @ 1% is 250€ per year BEFORE tax.
You should look at different options depending on the risk you are prepared to take.
Cryptocurrencies are very risky but money can be made fast.
Nordnet is a online website where you can trade stocks and shares. (Only problem is it now not possible to buy shares from the USA unless you are a USA citizen)
Buy a small forest block
Buying a small apartment for rent is another option.
I've also heard about P2P lending, but have no personal experience with them. They offer better interest rates than the banks.

They all have there own pluses and minuses.

Good luck for whereever you choose to put your money!

Thank you for the detailed answer. Perhaps I wasn't clear, I meant some kind of investment through the banks (like stocks/shares), I suppose its easier than moving to funds to Nordnet etc.

I have a small amount in crypto but its just for fun, I think its too risky for me to put serious money into it.
Thanks for all of the suggestions.

Y77

Post by Y77 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:30 am

Nordnet is the best, you can buy for ex. ETFs through Xetra in Germany, phisical bank branches are expensive and in a few years time they will have gone forever

agroot

Post by agroot » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:59 pm

Open trading account in US. Interactive Brokers, TD Ameritrade etc, and buy ETFs that target the top companies in whatever industries you choose (99% of them are in US so...)

But maybe doing it with local banks can increase your score and get lower loan interest?