Advice for renting / buying as unregistered non-resident? Or not possible?

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Forgologin

Post by Forgologin » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:21 pm

Hello. I am in Finland very much maybe half of the year, while the rest of the time I am at home in England where I am a British citizen and resident.

I would be interested in long term moving towards living permanently in Finland once my Finnish partner and I get married and therefore making the process of a residence permit much more straightforward.

However now, I would be interested in either possibly buying somewhere or renting an apartment in Finland, but I am not sure on the possibility of this, especially as most all landlords check credit and will want Finnish security number etc. . .

Has anyone bought Or rented property under similar circumstances, any advice thanks

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Advice for renting / buying as unregistered non-resident? Or not possible?

Post by betelgeuse » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:46 am

Forgologin wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:21 pm
Hello. I am in Finland very much maybe half of the year, while the rest of the time I am at home in England where I am a British citizen and resident.

I would be interested in long term moving towards living permanently in Finland once my Finnish partner and I get married and therefore making the process of a residence permit much more straightforward.

However now, I would be interested in either possibly buying somewhere or renting an apartment in Finland, but I am not sure on the possibility of this, especially as most all landlords check credit and will want Finnish security number etc. . .

Has anyone bought Or rented property under similar circumstances, any advice thanks
You should be able to rent by having your partner as the main tenant.

Finnish banks will not lend you as foreign residents so you would have to buy cash or be able to get foreign financing.

PS. It’s a personal identity code (not a number)