Thank you

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Bookcase

Thank you

Post by Bookcase » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:06 pm

Last edited by Bookcase on Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thank you

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Marriage and unemployment benefits

Post by betelgeuse » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:37 pm

Bookcase wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:06 pm
My Finnish partner and I are getting married shortly, and while I have been sending out applications daily, and continuing my Finnish language study, I have not yet got income secured…

Does someone have info on what kind of access to unemployment benefits I would be eligible for in Finland after we are married.

Background info if it matters: I hold Australian citizenship, I am university educated, and willing to work. I do have a disability – Autism spectrum disorder, that comes with sensory sensitivities, getting easily fatigued, and muscle pain challenges, however, I can usually manage this enough for part-time work, or multiple part-time positions. And with the right environment/support, I would try for full-time work.

Questions, will I be eligible? Is there a waiting period, and how long for? Ie, would I have to wait until Residency is approved ect, which may take up to 9 months I believe?
Labor market subsidy with A-type residence permit.

fintel

Post by fintel » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:19 am

Bookcase wrote:
I do have a disability – Autism spectrum disorder
Not a great idea to advertise this disability. It's generally a bad idea to talk about these for immigration purposes, especially given that your own immigration minister (peter dutton) in Australia routinely denies family visas to disabled people.
Image ulkomaalaisella henkilöä

Bookcase

Post by Bookcase » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:41 am

fintel wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:19 am
Bookcase wrote:
I do have a disability – Autism spectrum disorder
Not a great idea to advertise this disability. It's generally a bad idea to talk about these for immigration purposes, especially given that your own immigration minister (peter dutton) in Australia routinely denies family visas to disabled people.

Thank you for your feedback, will take it into account.