Permanent Resident Permit Cancellation

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Jaffa_Nutella

Post by Jaffa_Nutella » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:38 pm

Hi everyone!
I would like to ask for your opinions about the grounds in which a permanent resident permit can be cancelled? I read in migri and only thing I found is a permit can be cancelled if you continuously stays abroad for 2 years?
Thank you!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinlandGirl

Re: Permanent Resident Permit Cancellation

Post by FinlandGirl » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:49 pm

Jaffa_Nutella wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:38 pm
Hi everyone!
I would like to ask for your opinions about the grounds in which a permanent resident permit can be cancelled? I read in migri and only thing I found is a permit can be cancelled if you continuously stays abroad for 2 years?
Thank you!
Incorrect or incomplete information when applying for the permit can result in cancellation.
A criminal conviction in Finland or another Schengen country can be a reason for cancellation and deportation.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:56 pm

Jaffa_Nutella wrote:
There are no other magical grounds that Migri would not list on their website.

https://migri.fi/en/cancellation-of-a-permit

Jaffa_Nutella

Post by Jaffa_Nutella » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:21 pm

Thanks for the response! So in case a person stays abroad and comes back to Finland once or twice per year for visit and take care of other things. Any chance the permanent resident might get cancelled?

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:21 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:56 pm
Jaffa_Nutella wrote:
There are no other magical grounds that Migri would not list on their website.

https://migri.fi/en/cancellation-of-a-permit
Not all of these apply to permant permits.

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:32 pm

Jaffa_Nutella wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:21 pm
So in case a person stays abroad and comes back to Finland once or twice per year for visit and take care of other things. Any chance the permanent resident might get cancelled?
Visiting is not residing, approximate rule is that you are residing in the country where you are spending the majority of the year.
Residing in Finland also means paying taxes in Finland on your worldwide income, earning/inheriting/gifting money abroad without telling Vero would be tax fraud.