Costs needed to become a franchisee of KOTIPIZZA

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
newborn

Post by newborn » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:18 am

Dear nice people,

I am looking for information regarding how to become a franchisee of KOTIPIZZA. My questions are:

1. Is it possible only when Kotipizza looks for a franchisee or can I just contact them and become one if possible?
2. I would like to get the idea of how much it will cost me in total (including registration fees) to buy own such shop (old running one or a completely new one)? I did not find any information regarding cost in kotipizza website (google translate).

If you have any additional good piece of advice or information regarding how to become a franchise of kotipizza, please do not hesitate to share them with me.

Thanks.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Piet

Re: Costs needed to become a franchisee of KOTIPIZZA

Post by Piet » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:34 am

newborn wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:18 am
Dear nice people,

I am looking for information regarding how to become a franchisee of KOTIPIZZA. My questions are:

1. Is it possible only when Kotipizza looks for a franchisee or can I just contact them and become one if possible?
2. I would like to get the idea of how much it will cost me in total (including registration fees) to buy own such shop (old running one or a completely new one)? I did not find any information regarding cost in kotipizza website (google translate).

If you have any additional good piece of advice or information regarding how to become a franchise of kotipizza, please do not hesitate to share them with me.

Thanks.
Sorry no info for you but you could try to call their main office, should be easy to find using google.

Personally I would try to set up your own shop, no brand / contract that forces you to charge a certain price and stick to acquiring the product from their suppliers.
Personally I have never ordered any pizza from kotipizza ever and will never do so. 2 reasons, limited choice and too expensive compared to the Turkish / Palestinian / Israeli / Egyptian / Tunisian / Indian and yes also Italian shops that offer cheaper and wider choice products of the same kind.

There is also a reason why every single kotipizza I have seen, has only late teenagers / students young adults working there, exactly the wages..and still they are more pricey than the free own shops.

Basically there is good money to be made in the restaurant business if you know what you are doing, have fun in doing it and are wiling to spend all your life time in it, most likely with your whole family. (check out how the Chinese are doing this).

Good luck with your plans anyway!
If god would give us the source code, we could change the world

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:45 am

newborn wrote:
For the franchisor the money from a franchisee is risk free income, the franchisee has the financial risk.
Some franchisors like Subways accept anyone who wants to open a restaurant anywhere because it is free money for them.
newborn wrote:
2. I would like to get the idea of how much it will cost me in total (including registration fees) to buy own such shop (old running one or a completely new one)? I did not find any information regarding cost in kotipizza website
In a franchise you are paying all the costs for opening and running the business, plus a fee to the franchisor (Koti) for using their name and other services. Where to buy and selling prices are often also set by the franchisor.

NewCo Helsinki has a guide for starting a restaurant including example calculations.
Franchise payments are additional costs.
newborn wrote:
(google translate)
You should learn the language before opening a restaurant.

heretostay

Post by heretostay » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:12 am

I personally investigated this about 5 years ago. It was around 70 000€ to get started but That will vary based on your location. For you though, the important thing to note is that they won’t accept you as a franchisee if you don’t speak Finnish or Swedish fluently.

newborn

Post by newborn » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:59 pm

Thanks, guys for the information and advice. I appreciate it.
About language issues: a Finnish friend will operate it.

I wonder how one can manage to open a KOTI pizza restaurant that can cost about or more than 90K € in total ( including 70K € Franchisee's total investment cost)? Bank loan? External funding? Or kotipizza itself can provide loan?