Citizenship Application 2020

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Post Reply
Alexithymia_again
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:14 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by Alexithymia_again » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:05 pm

AntonBy wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:19 pm
Hey,

Does anybody have a good explanation of the 4 years vs. 5 years rule?

"You have the required language skills and strong ties with Finland"

What is meant in practice with strong ties to Finland? Should it be a property? Or will permanent work be enough?


I've been in Finland for 5 years, the first two of which were with a B permit. It ends up being 4 years overall. I am wondering if I take YKI test now and pass it, will I be able to apply for citizenship?

Also, does it make sense to apply in advance, assuming that in 11-12 months of the application being in a queue, it will be 5 years overall?
The language exam itself is enough for strong ties, provided other things are in order (I.e work situation). In previous years few of my friends who had 4 years with YKI (2y B + 3y A) and means of earning have been granted citizenship. Also on the citizenship application page it is mentioned somewhere that language is considered one way of displaying strong ties with Finland. Good luck for YKI



Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic
 

petbek-125
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:09 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by petbek-125 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:18 pm

AntonBy wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:19 pm
Hey,

Does anybody have a good explanation of the 4 years vs. 5 years rule?

"You have the required language skills and strong ties with Finland"

What is meant in practice with strong ties to Finland? Should it be a property? Or will permanent work be enough?


I've been in Finland for 5 years, the first two of which were with a B permit. It ends up being 4 years overall. I am wondering if I take YKI test now and pass it, will I be able to apply for citizenship?

Also, does it make sense to apply in advance, assuming that in 11-12 months of the application being in a queue, it will be 5 years overall?
I can send you a long answer with the law and the discussions in the parliament and the bill from the government, but you will get super bored readin (not everyone is interested in law, thats something i learnt the difficult way by boring the hell out of many people). So i will just give you the punch line forget about the five years, four years residence satisfies their requirements.
your second question
Once you passed the four years, I advice you to apply as soon as possible, because you are eligible after the four years. The waiting is super frustrating and can take a year or so. so the sooner the better. I dont think you can pass yki that easily though, unless if u studied well already.

callmybbc
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:40 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by callmybbc » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:58 pm

I am still on stage one after 14 months. Migri send the message below today, does it mean something?


Hakemuksesi Enter Finlandissa odottaa käsittelyvuoroaan

Hyvä asiakas

Kiitos, että käytät sähköistä asiointipalveluamme! Hakemuksesi on nyt Enter Finlandissa ja odottaa vuoroaan. Voit itse seurata hakemuksesi tilaa milloin tahansa kirjautumalla sisään Enter Finlandiin.

Lisäksi löydät samalla perusteella tehtyjen hakemusten odotettavissa olevan käsittelyajan verkkosivuiltamme: https://migri.fi/kasittelyajat Jos verkkosivuillamme antamamme odotettavissa oleva käsittelyaika ei ole vielä ylittynyt oman asiasi kohdalla, odota rauhassa.

Jos tarvitsemme sinulta täydennystä hakemukseesi, lähetämme pyynnön Enter Finland -tilillesi ja saat siitä ilmoituksen sähköpostiisi. Kun päätös on tehty, saat siitä ilmoituksen sähköpostiisi.

Tämä viesti ei vaadi sinulta mitään toimenpiteitä. Älä vastaa tähän viestiin.

Ystävällisin terveisin
Maahanmuuttovirasto
www.migri.fi

F_S
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu May 28, 2020 6:43 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by F_S » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:05 pm

callmybbc wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:58 pm
I am still on stage one after 14 months. Migri send the message below today, does it mean something?


Hakemuksesi Enter Finlandissa odottaa käsittelyvuoroaan

Hyvä asiakas

Kiitos, että käytät sähköistä asiointipalveluamme! Hakemuksesi on nyt Enter Finlandissa ja odottaa vuoroaan. Voit itse seurata hakemuksesi tilaa milloin tahansa kirjautumalla sisään Enter Finlandiin.

Lisäksi löydät samalla perusteella tehtyjen hakemusten odotettavissa olevan käsittelyajan verkkosivuiltamme: https://migri.fi/kasittelyajat Jos verkkosivuillamme antamamme odotettavissa oleva käsittelyaika ei ole vielä ylittynyt oman asiasi kohdalla, odota rauhassa.

Jos tarvitsemme sinulta täydennystä hakemukseesi, lähetämme pyynnön Enter Finland -tilillesi ja saat siitä ilmoituksen sähköpostiisi. Kun päätös on tehty, saat siitä ilmoituksen sähköpostiisi.

Tämä viesti ei vaadi sinulta mitään toimenpiteitä. Älä vastaa tähän viestiin.

Ystävällisin terveisin
Maahanmuuttovirasto
www.migri.fi
It means nothing. This is a robot-created template message sent to all applicants every 3 months.

kmr
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:33 am

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by kmr » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:59 am

Guys! Any new updates regarding the Decisions?

kristina30
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:59 am

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by kristina30 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:11 pm

kmr wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:59 am
Guys! Any new updates regarding the Decisions?
Took 1yr and 2 days for me before the decision came out. I sent an email in the morning about the time of processing then I received the decision same day in the afternoon 😆

kmr
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:33 am

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by kmr » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:24 pm

kristina30 wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:11 pm
kmr wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:59 am
Guys! Any new updates regarding the Decisions?
Took 1yr and 2 days for me before the decision came out. I sent an email in the morning about the time of processing then I received the decision same day in the afternoon 😆
Great! Congratulations Kristina30. BTW, where are you from?

parrraxitamoan
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:10 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by parrraxitamoan » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:04 am

kristina30 wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:11 pm
kmr wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:59 am
Guys! Any new updates regarding the Decisions?
Took 1yr and 2 days for me before the decision came out. I sent an email in the morning about the time of processing then I received the decision same day in the afternoon 😆
obviously the person who makes the final decision to introduce a new Finnish citizen isn't the same with the one who closes an application case in the system :o would you mind briefing your background from a very high level so we could use as a reference?
Last edited by parrraxitamoan on Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

parrraxitamoan
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:10 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by parrraxitamoan » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:05 am

by the way, for those who are impatiently waiting. If you check the statistics by migri at
https://statistik.migri.fi/index.html#d ... &start=608
and filter the result by decisions per month for citizenship applications, you will find the number of decisions they produce monthly is between 600 - 800 (translate to 150 - 200 weekly and, 30 - 40 decisions daily, sounds like the amount of work of a team of 20 - 30 people).
Base on that, I think a queue number of 3000 would be translated to something like 4 - 5 months. That is a wild guess btw.

kristina30
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:59 am

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by kristina30 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:58 pm

kmr wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:24 pm
kristina30 wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:11 pm
kmr wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:59 am
Guys! Any new updates regarding the Decisions?
Took 1yr and 2 days for me before the decision came out. I sent an email in the morning about the time of processing then I received the decision same day in the afternoon 😆
Great! Congratulations Kristina30. BTW, where are you from?
Last edited by kristina30 on Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kristina30
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:59 am

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by kristina30 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:23 pm

parrraxitamoan wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:04 am
kristina30 wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:11 pm
kmr wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:59 am
Guys! Any new updates regarding the Decisions?
Took 1yr and 2 days for me before the decision came out. I sent an email in the morning about the time of processing then I received the decision same day in the afternoon 😆
obviously the person who makes the final decision to introduce a new Finnish citizen isn't the same with the one who closes an application case in the system :o would you mind briefing your background from a very high level so we could use as a reference?
I came to finland yr2016 with type A permit and worked in healthcare. I sent my application jan 2019. The processing took almost 1yr maybe because i changed my job 2x and i worked as an entrepreneur before. Most of my friends got theirs in less than 5months and the other one within 2wks, we came to finland at the same time. Stage 2 processing took 1 month until i sent an email then they released the decsion in the afternoon

mani121
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:30 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by mani121 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:07 pm

kristina30 wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:23 pm
parrraxitamoan wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:04 am
kristina30 wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:11 pm


Took 1yr and 2 days for me before the decision came out. I sent an email in the morning about the time of processing then I received the decision same day in the afternoon 😆
obviously the person who makes the final decision to introduce a new Finnish citizen isn't the same with the one who closes an application case in the system :o would you mind briefing your background from a very high level so we could use as a reference?
I came to finland yr2016 with type A permit and worked in healthcare. I sent my application jan 2019. The processing took almost 1yr maybe because i changed my job 2x and i worked as an entrepreneur before. Most of my friends got theirs in less than 5months and the other one within 2wks, we came to finland at the same time. Stage 2 processing took 1 month until i sent an email then they released the decsion in the afternoon
What was the profile of guy who got it in 2 weeks? Can you please share. Thanks

kristina30
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:59 am

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by kristina30 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:17 pm

mani121 wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:07 pm
kristina30 wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:23 pm
parrraxitamoan wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:04 am


obviously the person who makes the final decision to introduce a new Finnish citizen isn't the same with the one who closes an application case in the system :o would you mind briefing your background from a very high level so we could use as a reference?
I came to finland yr2016 with type A permit and worked in healthcare. I sent my application jan 2019. The processing took almost 1yr maybe because i changed my job 2x and i worked as an entrepreneur before. Most of my friends got theirs in less than 5months and the other one within 2wks, we came to finland at the same time. Stage 2 processing took 1 month until i sent an email then they released the decsion in the afternoon
What was the profile of guy who got it in 2 weeks? Can you please share. Thanks
He filed his application in turku. We came together to finland and with the other hired nurses from asia last2016. He works in homecare until now.

Maaria
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:49 am

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by Maaria » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:16 am

kristina30 wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:23 pm
I came to finland yr2016 with type A permit and worked in healthcare. I sent my application jan 2019. The processing took almost 1yr maybe because i changed my job 2x and i worked as an entrepreneur before. Most of my friends got theirs in less than 5months and the other one within 2wks, we came to finland at the same time. Stage 2 processing took 1 month until i sent an email then they released the decsion in the afternoon
So it was your 3 years in Finland when you applied?

mani121
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:30 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by mani121 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:43 pm

Maaria wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:16 am
kristina30 wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:23 pm
I came to finland yr2016 with type A permit and worked in healthcare. I sent my application jan 2019. The processing took almost 1yr maybe because i changed my job 2x and i worked as an entrepreneur before. Most of my friends got theirs in less than 5months and the other one within 2wks, we came to finland at the same time. Stage 2 processing took 1 month until i sent an email then they released the decsion in the afternoon
So it was your 3 years in Finland when you applied?
Maybe they came in the start of 2016 with A RP and applied at the end of 2019 this way they had lived for 4 years (as per the requirement). You can apply for citizenship even your time is not completed yet and have around 3 months left. So doesn't matter.


Post Reply