Citizenship Application 2020

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
maskara

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by maskara » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:43 pm

F_S wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:16 pm
My assumption is somebody's homecountry can affect her processing time, as states' information sharing on Migri's probable background checks differ from each other. It's quite reasonable to assume an EU state, for example, responds faster and more reliably than a state outside the block. Migri needs to wait for other entities to respond before it can make a decision, I reckon.
That can be true on the stage of “in progress”. However everybody’s application is waiting on stage 1 “waiting for processing” which means nobody has checked the file since you proved your identity. So, migri is just having the worst service and unsuccessful management.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Salman.Saleem

Post by Salman.Saleem » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:30 pm

I agree that in case migri is waiting for the response from the home country than an application must be *in progress' stage. Stage 1 waiting for processing mean's nobody has touched the application since the identity is proved.

tybrrhmn

Post by tybrrhmn » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:15 pm

Does anybody knows, can I apply for citizenship without Finnish language test ? is there any excuse !!!!

Maaria

Post by Maaria » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:20 pm

tybrrhmn wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:15 pm
Does anybody knows, can I apply for citizenship without Finnish language test ? is there any excuse !!!!
You can find detail information about the position requirement for citizenship application here:

https://migri.fi/en/language-skills

callmybbc

Post by callmybbc » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:41 pm

Salman.Saleem wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:07 pm
Can't say anything about dealy in processing of applications. What I learned from this forum is that applicants who are waiting for more than one year written to migri and Migri say that processing time will be 14 to 16 months. Although the time calculator still shows 10-12 months. You may consider writing migri and ask that your application cross 12 months so when you have decision. I know waiting is frustrating. I pray we all get decision soon. Just write migri if your application crossed 12 months and see what they say. Let me know what migri reply. Stay positive

I found this email: "[email protected]" for residence permit applicants...I'd like to know if they used the same email for citizenship applicants.

Udbest

Post by Udbest » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:42 am

callmybbc wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:41 pm
Salman.Saleem wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:07 pm
Can't say anything about dealy in processing of applications. What I learned from this forum is that applicants who are waiting for more than one year written to migri and Migri say that processing time will be 14 to 16 months. Although the time calculator still shows 10-12 months. You may consider writing migri and ask that your application cross 12 months so when you have decision. I know waiting is frustrating. I pray we all get decision soon. Just write migri if your application crossed 12 months and see what they say. Let me know what migri reply. Stay positive

I found this email: "[email protected]" for residence permit applicants...I'd like to know if they used the same email for citizenship applicants.
They use this email: “[email protected]”for citizenship.

Moheb

Post by Moheb » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:41 am

Hi,
to apply for citizenship, there is a compulsory attachment called ''Selvitys muutosta Suomessa tai ulkomailla''. Does anyone knows what that attachment is? is it form KAN1?

pentosa

Post by pentosa » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:14 pm

Moheb wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:41 am
Hi,
to apply for citizenship, there is a compulsory attachment called ''Selvitys muutosta Suomessa tai ulkomailla''. Does anyone knows what that attachment is? is it form KAN1?
It's a free-form explanation, if you haven't registered all of your moving within Finland and abroad in Maistratti. You just need to write where you lived during that time and possible explanation why you didn't do the notification of move.
Like:

1.01.2015- 6.02.2015 - Hallituskatu 10 A1 00100 - Reason for not registering

Moheb

Post by Moheb » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:05 pm

pentosa wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:14 pm
Moheb wrote:
Hi,
It's a free-form explanation, if you haven't registered all of your moving within Finland and abroad in Maistratti. You just need to write where you lived during that time and possible explanation why you didn't do the notification of move.
Like:

Thanks so much for your response. The point is that I have moved many times from a house to another within one city and cannot remember the address of those houses. However, I am pretty sure that I have registered all of my addresses throughout my residence in maisteratti. Do I need to mention the addresses or it's just enough to declare that my addresses were registered?

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:08 pm

Moheb wrote:
Hi,
It's not compulsory on the paper form. I haven't checked but would be weird if the online form didn't follow the same logic.

https://migri.fi/documents/5202425/5786 ... 8fi%29.pdf

gingerbreadass

Post by gingerbreadass » Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:07 pm

Hey guys!

Just a quick question here. I've seen on several citizenship threads that apparently Migri (or other responsible authority) do background checks on citizenship applicants by contacting their home country authorities or something like that. Does anybody on here know what exactly they check? What can be the basis for a negative decision?

pentosa

Post by pentosa » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:38 am

Moheb wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:05 pm
pentosa wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:14 pm
Moheb wrote:
Hi,
Like:

Thanks so much for your response. The point is that I have moved many times from a house to another within one city and cannot remember the address of those houses. However, I am pretty sure that I have registered all of my addresses throughout my residence in maisteratti. Do I need to mention the addresses or it's just enough to declare that my addresses were registered?

You can check all of your address and other personal information here https://www.suomi.fi/your-data/personal-data with your bank codes.

Also, this form is indeed not compulsory. In EnterFinland it is required only if you click "I haven't notified all my moving" or something

Salman.Saleem

Post by Salman.Saleem » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:18 pm

Today I received this automated email from migri. This type of email I receive every 12 week but no changes in application status i. e. Waiting for processing

Hyvä asiakas

Hakemuksesi on Enter Finlandissa ja odottaa käsittelyvuoroaan.

Jotta pystymme aloittamaan asiasi käsittelyn heti kun sen käsittelyvuoro tulee, on tärkeää että hakemuksessasi antamat tiedot ovat ajan tasalla. Tästä syystä pyydämme sinua täydentämään hakemustasi Enter Finlandissa käyttämällä Lähetä lisätietoa –toimintoa.

Täydennä hakemustasi Enter Finlandissa ajantasaisilla tiedoilla koskien tekemiäsi ulkomaanmatkoja sekä toimeentulolähdettäsi seuraavasti:

Ilmoita Maahanmuuttovirastolle hakemuksesi jättämisen jälkeen tekemäsi ulkomaanmatkojen kohde, tarkoitus, ajankohta ja kesto. Ilmoita myös, mikäli et ole tehnyt ulkomaanmatkoja hakemuksesi jättämisen jälkeen.

Ilmoita mistä olet saanut toimeentulosi hakemuksesi jättämisen jälkeen.
Jos olet ansiotyössä samassa työpaikassa, jonka olet ilmoittanut hakemuslomakkeella, täydennä hakemustasi Enter Finlandissa viimeisimmällä palkkalaskelmallasi, josta käy ilmi edellisen ja kuluvan vuoden palkkakertymä. Jos olet ansiotyössä uudessa työpaikassa, täydennä hakemustasi Enter Finlandissa työsopimuksellasi ja viimeisimmällä palkkalaskelmallasi, josta käy ilmi edellisen ja kuluvan vuoden palkkakertymä.

Jos olet opiskellut, täydennä hakemustasi Enter Finlandissa mahdollisella tutkintotodistuksellasi. Jos opiskelusi ovat vielä kesken, täydennä hakemustasi opintosuoritusotteellasi tai oppilaitoksesi antamalla todistuksella läsnäolosta.

Jos sinulla on oma yritys, täydennä hakemustasi Enter Finlandissa korkeintaan kuusi kuukautta vanhalla kaupparekisteriotteella sekä uusimmalla tuloslaskelmalla ja taseella. Lähetä lisäksi kirjanpitäjäsi antama todistus yksityisotoistasi tai sinulle yrityksestäsi maksetuista palkoista sekä osingoista.

Maahanmuuttovirasto saa tiedon Kelalta saamistasi tuista tai avustuksista. Kelan päätöksistä ei tarvitse toimittaa kopioita Maahanmuuttovirastolle.

Muistathan, että sinulla pitää olla voimassaoleva oleskelulupa ja matkustusasiakirja koko kansalaisuushakemuksen käsittelyn ajan. Hae uutta oleskelulupaa ja matkustusasiakirjaa ajoissa, jos niiden voimassaolo on päättymässä. Voit täydentää hakemustasi tiedolla uudesta matkustusasiakirjastasi Enter Finland -tililläsi.
Voit itse seurata hakemuksesi tilaa milloin tahansa kirjautumalla sisään Enter Finlandiin.

Lisäksi löydät hakemusten odotettavissa olevan käsittelyajan verkkosivuiltamme https://migri.fi/kasittelyajat. Jos verkkosivuillamme antamamme odotettavissa oleva käsittelyaika ei ole vielä ylittynyt oman asiasi kohdalla, odota rauhassa.

Jos tarvitsemme sinulta lisää täydennystä hakemukseesi, lähetämme pyynnön Enter Finland -tilillesi ja saat siitä ilmoituksen sähköpostiisi. Kun päätös on tehty, saat siitä ilmoituksen sähköpostiisi.

Älä vastaa tähän viestiin sähköpostitse, vaan täydennä hakemustasi asiointitililläsi Enter FInlandissa.

Ystävällisin terveisin

formulaWatcher

Post by formulaWatcher » Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:40 am

Hi all

I have recently received my decision (after approximately 5 months) and I wanted to make a comment for those who are still waiting for over a year which hopefully eases minds a bit. Please keep in mind that I am just sharing my opinion and I do not have a source to back it up.

I understand that waiting requires a lot of patience and it might also affect your current family or work situation. Adding to that, thinking that there is injustice in the process of handling applications would be really frustrating.

The main idea that feeds the "injustice" feeling is that all the applications are in stage 1, how can an application like mine who is on the queue for 5 months move to stage 2 before the ones who have been on the queue for over a year?
However, from my own experience and what I have seen people posting here, is that the decisions are made generally on the same day when the application moves from stage 1 to stage 2. Migri cannot make a decision before checking all the claims we have made (especially criminal history and our records from home country). So what probably happens is, information is requested from foreign officials once the application has been received and interview is over. But application is waiting for processing because this information is not available yet. Applications move to stage 2 in order probably once all the necessary information has been received.

I know several people from my own country who have received decisions in a similar timeline. They differ in the ways that whether their permits are based on work or family ties, whether they a have an income or not or they are married to a Finnish citizen or not etc. What is common is the country of origin and the fact that they meet all the requirements of the citizenship. So I believe the timeline is affected mainly by the speed of background check, the information retrieval from foreign officials.

Finally I wish good luck and patience to all who are waiting.

Doncod

Post by Doncod » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:19 pm

How long were you on processing stage, I mean stage two, because have been on stage two for awhile now