Citizenship Application 2020

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
NukkuMatti

Post by NukkuMatti » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:13 pm

Hi there everyone,

Just started the new topic for next year, I will be filing my electronic application for Finnish Citizenship 2nd of January (I am not in a hurry, I already live here in Finland for 10 years as EU Citizen).

I just wondered: when I use the online appointment reservation system, it seems that making an appointment at a service point is only possible in Rovaniemi or Kuopio, this is impossible for me to go to in the near future. (within 3 months after making the application).

My wife is terminally ill (dying from cancer) I am taking care of her at home and I have also 4 (some very) young kids to take care of. This is also the reason for making the application now.
Getting into the car and drive from Espoo to Kuopio just for showing 2 papers (passport and certificate of YKI test) is not something I want to do on one day, besides the fact that I need some stranger to take care of my family; her (my wife's) parents are dead, her sister is suing our children for the inheritance, my sister in law's husband just got convicted last Wednesday for making illegal threats to me and my family. most other relatives (from my wife) are too old and with one leg into the grave already, don't want to kill them by babysitting my 4 dragons). My friends have their own families (children) to take care of, or are disabled so they cannot.

I am not comfortable with getting a Nurse / Nanny whom I have never seen before, for this time, especially because my youngest is really hard to handle (autistic / ADHD).

So basically there is at this moment no real opportunity to for me to leave home that long to visit Kuopio.

Anyone any Idea if my family situation would grant the possibility to visit migri service point in Helsinki without an appointment, who should I ask if so?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by betelgeuse » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:58 pm

NukkuMatti wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:13 pm
Anyone any Idea if my family situation would grant the possibility to visit migri service point in Helsinki without an appointment, who should I ask if so?
This extends to Migri but be prepared to have to argue a bit.

https://www.oikeusasiamies.fi/en/-/poli ... anvarausta

NukkuMatti

Post by NukkuMatti » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:47 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:58 pm
NukkuMatti wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:13 pm
This extends to Migri but be prepared to have to argue a bit.

https://www.oikeusasiamies.fi/en/-/poli ... anvarausta
Thanks for the info betelgeuse, much appreciated, however;

I decided to skip the waiting queues in Helsinki and found an appointment time at the end of February in Lahti, That is do-able by car even when there is a lot of snow, bring the kids to daycare in the morning, drive to Lahti and with a little luck back home before the first kids come from school. Will get a nurse to take care of my honey those few hours.
I will need to save some holiday hours from my omaishoidiontuki that will pay for it.
This will also be within the time of 3 months after application, so no problem, it gives me time to collect / save the 380 euros for the application. :wink:

necadam

Post by necadam » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:31 am

BTW are your kids already Finnish citizens? Because if not, you would have to take them with you to Migri.

summercool

Post by summercool » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:51 am

Hello guys, its been already February and the festive fever is over. Has there been any updates regarding the decision? Thank you.

Doncod

Post by Doncod » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:08 pm

Let us all make this forum lively by sharing our application status for the year 2020.

Here is mine:

19/12/2019 We have received your application and it is pending.
12/02/2020 You have proved your identity and a diary number has been created for your application. You can see the diary number at the top of the page. Your application has been placed in the processing queue. We will contact you if we need more information from you. Our processing times can be found on our website at www.migri.fi

Doncod

Post by Doncod » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:12 pm

:D anyone with decision this month?

heretostay

Post by heretostay » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:43 pm

Waiting since September. Have a baby on the way and would be nice to get the decision before the baby is born.

Doncod

Post by Doncod » Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:10 pm

heretostay wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:43 pm
Waiting since September. Have a baby on the way and would be nice to get the decision before the baby is born.
Where did you apply? And what stage is it now?

renzeeyeo

Post by renzeeyeo » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:19 pm

heretostay wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:43 pm
why it takes so long?.. as far as i know it only takes 2 to 3 months for the decision..

heretostay

Post by heretostay » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:55 pm

11-12 months according to migri website. Still in queue waiting for processing.

Doncod

Post by Doncod » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:17 pm

heretostay wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:55 pm
Yea the new processing time is 11 - 12 months, we just need to be patient, one day we shall become Finn

Doncod

Post by Doncod » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:18 pm

heretostay wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:55 pm
Yea the new processing time is 11 - 12 months, we just need to be patient, one day we shall become Finn

alisa_v123

Post by alisa_v123 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:20 pm

Hi guys,

I have one question regarding the period of residence when applying for Finnish citizenship. During the time when I was studying in university, I moved out of Finland temporarily to do two compulsory internship and one exchange study abroad, each duration lasted 3 months.

As I read on migri website, it says:

"The following periods of absence from Finland will not interrupt your continuous period of residence, and their time will be calculated as continuous residence time:

absences of a maximum of one month
a maximum of six periods of absence that last 1–2 months each
a maximum of two periods of absence that last 2–6 months each"

In the last sentence, it says "a maximum of two periods of absence that last 2-6 months each".
In my case, I was out of Finland 3 periods, each time 3 months, so in total I have 9 months outside Finland.

However, for example, if a person leaves Finland 2 periods, each time 6 months, in total that person has 12 months outside Finland.

If comparing the absences period, I stayed out of Finland less than the other person, but based on migri website, I am not qualified because migri allows only two periods and I had three periods.

Therefore, I would like to ask, since I moved out of Finland only temporarily and not permanently, will it effect my period of residency?

Look forward for your reply
Cheers!! :D

Doncod

Post by Doncod » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:55 pm

alisa_v123 wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:20 pm
Hi guys,

I have one question regarding the period of residence when applying for Finnish citizenship. During the time when I was studying in university, I moved out of Finland temporarily to do two compulsory internship and one exchange study abroad, each duration lasted 3 months.

As I read on migri website, it says:

"The following periods of absence from Finland will not interrupt your continuous period of residence, and their time will be calculated as continuous residence time:

absences of a maximum of one month
a maximum of six periods of absence that last 1–2 months each
a maximum of two periods of absence that last 2–6 months each"

In the last sentence, it says "a maximum of two periods of absence that last 2-6 months each".
In my case, I was out of Finland 3 periods, each time 3 months, so in total I have 9 months outside Finland.

However, for example, if a person leaves Finland 2 periods, each time 6 months, in total that person has 12 months outside Finland.

If comparing the absences period, I stayed out of Finland less than the other person, but based on migri website, I am not qualified because migri allows only two periods and I had three periods.

Therefore, I would like to ask, since I moved out of Finland only temporarily and not permanently, will it effect my period of residency?

Look forward for your reply
Cheers!! :D
Well in my own opinion I think you have violated the period of residency, it doesn't matter if the reason for staying outside Finland was temporarily or permanently.
House, if am wrong you can elaborate more on it.