Citizenship Application 2020

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
pentosa

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by pentosa » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:23 am

finblack wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:11 pm
Well said bro! Some of us come to Europe as students . We went through screening just to pass the exam to study, passed through screening to get a visa and resident permit and work our assess off to get permanent residence and put on queue and talk about processing time lasting 16 months. Like I said, we are just waiting to hear another additional months while the Asians and russian spies are getting decisions under 3 to 4 months ..
maskara wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:14 pm
Migri is absolutely lying about processing times. I know 4 people who applied in March 2020 and got citizenship in September at the latest. Their reply about processing currently 2019 September files is a total nonsense. Processing time checker or Queue from kamu chat is definitely not accurate. They are either doing a lottery system (like randomly checking applications) or they make decisions based on skin color, nationality and (yes) religion. Either way is horrible. So, my advice is don’t much care about processing times or queues, because they are just symbolic.
I don't think it's polite to call Russians, applying for a citizenship, "spies". They are in the same queue as you are, waiting for months without any feedback from Migri.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

annie333

Post by annie333 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:14 pm

pentosa wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:23 am
finblack wrote:
Well said bro! Some of us come to Europe as students . We went through screening just to pass the exam to study, passed through screening to get a visa and resident permit and work our assess off to get permanent residence and put on queue and talk about processing time lasting 16 months. Like I said, we are just waiting to hear another additional months while the Asians and russian spies are getting decisions under 3 to 4 months ..
maskara wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:14 pm
Migri is absolutely lying about processing times. I know 4 people who applied in March 2020 and got citizenship in September at the latest. Their reply about processing currently 2019 September files is a total nonsense. Processing time checker or Queue from kamu chat is definitely not accurate. They are either doing a lottery system (like randomly checking applications) or they make decisions based on skin color, nationality and (yes) religion. Either way is horrible. So, my advice is don’t much care about processing times or queues, because they are just symbolic.
I don't think it's polite to call Russians, applying for a citizenship, "spies". They are in the same queue as you are, waiting for months without any feedback from Migri.
I agree... everyone here is on the same boat, being europeans, latinos, africans, russians, asians, etc. This forum is not a place for unpoliteness. If migri decides somehow to discriminate by nationality that is bad enough, let's not do the same between us each other.
Last edited by annie333 on Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xzero

Post by Xzero » Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:58 pm

annie333 wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:14 pm
pentosa wrote:
finblack wrote:
I agree... everyone here is on the same boat, being europeans, latinos, africans, russians, asians, etc. This forum is not a place for unpoliteness. If migri decides somehow to discriminate by nationality that is bad enough, let's not do the same between us each other.

Its not the same boat unfortunately. Just yesterday, migri posted that even passports from certain countries are not sufficient as means of identity. I wonder why they gave residence perrmits in the first place, then renewed it every year and at the time of citizenship, they are doubting the 'paspports'.

Here is the bulletin from migri:
https://migri.fi/en/-/backlog-in-the-pr ... plications

finblack

Post by finblack » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:27 pm

And they wonder why black Africans are leaving the country after graduation to an English country where the law and order are applied equally . It's just sad that people are publicly discriminated.
Xzero wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:58 pm
annie333 wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:14 pm
pentosa wrote:

Its not the same boat unfortunately. Just yesterday, migri posted that even passports from certain countries are not sufficient as means of identity. I wonder why they gave residence perrmits in the first place, then renewed it every year and at the time of citizenship, they are doubting the 'paspports'.

krapulassa

Post by krapulassa » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:50 am

Xzero wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:58 pm
Gambia, Ghana, Cameroon, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Nigeria, Pakistan, Somalia and Syria.

Migri has listed these passports are hard to idenity etc.

Can people from these countries use the Finnish ID instead for indentification?

annie333

Post by annie333 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:34 pm

daramolad wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:13 pm
Doncod wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:04 pm
daramolad wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:59 pm
Guy I just discovered that you can check your application queue with the Kamu Chatton.

Type Queue in the chat box and when it brings out options click Check my Queue

Pls kindly share your experience. My diary number search
shows that 40 applications to be threated before it reaches mine.

When did you apply? How many months ago
October 2019

Hey! I have checked my queue place in Kamu and it has advanced like 60 places in 11 days. I was wondering if your queue place got to 0 already and you got a decision? Just want to know if the queue advances in the same pace for everybody and what happens if it gets to 0. Thank you!

Doncod

Post by Doncod » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:51 pm

I just became a Finnish few minutes ago.....
Here is my timeline:

19/12/2019 We have received the processing fee for your application. (€380)
19/12/2019 We have received your application and it is pending.
12/02/2020 You have proved your identity and a diary number has been created for your application. You can see the diary number at the top of the page. Your application has been placed in the processing queue. We will contact you if we need more information from you. Our processing times can be found on our website at www.migri.fi
19/06/2020 You have sent additional information for the application. We have received it. The documents you sent are displayed in the application information.

14/09/2020 You have sent additional information for the application. We have received it. The documents you sent are displayed in the application information.

03/11/2020 You have sent additional information for the application. We have received it. The documents you sent are displayed in the application information.

12/11/2020 You have sent additional information for the application. We have received it. The documents you sent are displayed in the application information.

24/11/2020 Your application is waiting for your reply to a request for supplementary information.
24/11/2020 You have replied to a request for supplementary information.
24/11/2020 You have sent additional information for the application. We have received it. The documents you sent are displayed in the application information.

29/11/2020 You have sent additional information for the application. We have received it. The documents you sent are displayed in the application information.

30/11/2020 A decision has been made on your application.
30/11/2020 The decision can be read on your user account.
30/11/2020 The processing of your application has started. Contacting us does not speed up the processing of the application. If we need further information from you, we will send you a request through this service.

**** I wish everyone expecting a decision all the best, endurance is the key ******

petbek-125

Post by petbek-125 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:05 pm

Doncod wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:51 pm
Here is my timeline:

12/02/2020 You have proved your identity and a diary number has been created for your application. You can see the diary number at the top of the page. Your application has been placed in the processing queue. We will contact you if we need more information from you. Our processing times can be found on our website at www.migri.fi
19/06/2020 You have sent additional information for the application. We have received it. The documents you sent are displayed in the application information.

14/09/2020 You have sent additional information for the application. We have received it. The documents you sent are displayed in the application information.

03/11/2020 You have sent additional information for the application. We have received it. The documents you sent are displayed in the application information.

12/11/2020 You have sent additional information for the application. We have received it. The documents you sent are displayed in the application information.

24/11/2020 Your application is waiting for your reply to a request for supplementary information.
24/11/2020 You have sent additional information for the application. We have received it. The documents you sent are displayed in the application information.

29/11/2020 You have sent additional information for the application. We have received it. The documents you sent are displayed in the application information.

30/11/2020 The processing of your application has started. Contacting us does not speed up the processing of the application. If we need further information from you, we will send you a request through this service.

**** I wish everyone expecting a decision all the best, endurance is the key ******
Congratulation and thanks for sharing.
If i may ask you (if it doesnt bother you) did u have residence permit before coming to finland ? and where u come from?
just asking to see if i can expect around the same timeline for myself or what.

Congratulation and wish you well!

Doncod

Post by Doncod » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:29 pm

petbek-125 wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:05 pm
Doncod wrote:
Here is my timeline:

If i may ask you (if it doesnt bother you) did u have residence permit before coming to finland ? and where u come from?

Yea I came to Finland as a student, so had B permit.

Doncod

Post by Doncod » Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:21 am

Doncod wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:29 pm
petbek-125 wrote:
Doncod wrote:
Here is my timeline:

Yea I came to Finland as a student, so had B permit. I am from Nigeria

Moheb

Post by Moheb » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:38 am

Doncod wrote:
Here is my timeline:

Congrats, May I ask you what were those documents you sent every 3-4 months? and what was the final request for supplementary information?

Doncod

Post by Doncod » Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:53 am

Moheb wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:38 am
Doncod wrote:
Here is my timeline:

Congrats, May I ask you what were those documents you sent every 3-4 months? and what was the final request for supplementary information?
I sent my monthly pay slips, and three weeks when my application was on processing I was asked if I travelled outside Finland from a specific date, I replied same day, and a week later got decision

petbek-125

Post by petbek-125 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:12 am

Doncod wrote:
petbek-125 wrote:
Doncod wrote:
Here is my timeline:

Same here, thanks for answer! :)

sirkezman

Post by sirkezman » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:55 pm

Congratulations man.
one question: did you check your queue number with Kamu prior to this?

Doncod wrote:
Here is my timeline:

maskara

Post by maskara » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:53 pm

When did you applied? Are you also from Nigeria ? Thanks

petbek-125 wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:12 am
Doncod wrote:
petbek-125 wrote:

Same here, thanks for answer! :)