Citizenship Application 2020

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Post Reply
rickx1234
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:00 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by rickx1234 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:21 pm

fino wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:24 pm
It doesn’t give any senses. Applying automaton system is not a new law. It is the improvement/development/advancement of processing system. Whether you submitted last year or after March 2020 they must process according the processing queues.
You may have overlooked some comments a few pages back that some applicants who submitted their application this year received positive decisions already. If what you said was correct, then what sense would that be for applicants for who submitted their application last year still awaiting process?



Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic
 

fino
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat May 18, 2013 9:19 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by fino » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:14 am

That is the question you need to ask migri. You can't make wrong assumption with no facts. There is no old and new application system.

Victor11
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:05 am

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by Victor11 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:02 am

Our baby received his citizenship due to a citizen parent,
proved identity mid June decision made August
Calculator was saying 12 months then changed into 4-5 but decision was made even before that. I'm guessing new applications processed way faster than before

rickx1234
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:00 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by rickx1234 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:08 pm

fino wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:14 am
That is the question you need to ask migri. You can't make wrong assumption with no facts. There is no old and new application system.
You advocated that others' assumptions are wrong and applications are handled according queues.

But when you were asked why there were cases where late applicants got their decisions already much earlier than others whilst some old applications are still awaiting process, you directed us to ask migri. You said ''no'' to others' assumption but could not explain why this phenomenon happened. Instead you redirect us to ask migri.

Then why are you sure you are right? You dunno the answer either but you are sure others' assumption is wrong. Are you a migri staff then? If everything is clear and well defined by migri, we wouldn't have been up here for ideas. Not even migri website has ever mentioned whether they handle according to your so called queues. So where is your strong sense from?

Many here have been longing for decisions and some applications are already overdue. If your point really does make sense, then there wouldn't be any of us wondering about the LIFO cases.

rickx1234
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:00 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by rickx1234 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:13 pm

Victor11 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:02 am
Our baby received his citizenship due to a citizen parent,
proved identity mid June decision made August
Calculator was saying 12 months then changed into 4-5 but decision was made even before that. I'm guessing new applications processed way faster than before
Nice to hear. Your post just comes on time to disapprove a conceited person's claim.
By the way, congratulations.

fino
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat May 18, 2013 9:19 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by fino » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:44 pm

rickx1234 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:08 pm
fino wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:14 am
That is the question you need to ask migri. You can't make wrong assumption with no facts. There is no old and new application system.
You advocated that others' assumptions are wrong and applications are handled according queues.

But when you were asked why there were cases where late applicants got their decisions already much earlier than others whilst some old applications are still awaiting process, you directed us to ask migri. You said ''no'' to others' assumption but could not explain why this phenomenon happened. Instead you redirect us to ask migri.

Then why are you sure you are right? You dunno the answer either but you are sure others' assumption is wrong. Are you a migri staff then? If everything is clear and well defined by migri, we wouldn't have been up here for ideas. Not even migri website has ever mentioned whether they handle according to your so called queues. So where is your strong sense from?

Many here have been longing for decisions and some applications are already overdue. If your point really does make sense, then there wouldn't be any of us wondering about the LIFO cases.
Last edited by fino on Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fino
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat May 18, 2013 9:19 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by fino » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:07 pm

fino wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:44 pm
rickx1234 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:08 pm
fino wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:14 am
That is the question you need to ask migri. You can't make wrong assumption with no facts. There is no old and new application system.
You advocated that others' assumptions are wrong and applications are handled according queues.

But when you were asked why there were cases where late applicants got their decisions already much earlier than others whilst some old applications are still awaiting process, you directed us to ask migri. You said ''no'' to others' assumption but could not explain why this phenomenon happened. Instead you redirect us to ask migri.

Then why are you sure you are right? You dunno the answer either but you are sure others' assumption is wrong. Are you a migri staff then? If everything is clear and well defined by migri, we wouldn't have been up here for ideas. Not even migri website has ever mentioned whether they handle according to your so called queues. So where is your strong sense from?

Many here have been longing for decisions and some applications are already overdue. If your point really does make sense, then there wouldn't be any of us wondering about the LIFO cases.
I am not a here to make an assumption without facts. Why you are crying/wondering here to read assumption from people who don't even have any idea or information about it. You are stressing yourself. Why you don't simply ask migri? I directed you to ask migri because you can get the real answer if and only if you ask migri.
You can find/read INFORMATION about the processing queues from this link under title processing of application. https://migri.fi/en/finnish-citizenship

Alexithymia
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:26 am

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by Alexithymia » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:58 pm

rickx1234 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:08 pm
fino wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:14 am
That is the question you need to ask migri. You can't make wrong assumption with no facts. There is no old and new application system.
You advocated that others' assumptions are wrong and applications are handled according queues.

But when you were asked why there were cases where late applicants got their decisions already much earlier than others whilst some old applications are still awaiting process, you directed us to ask migri. You said ''no'' to others' assumption but could not explain why this phenomenon happened. Instead you redirect us to ask migri.

Then why are you sure you are right? You dunno the answer either but you are sure others' assumption is wrong. Are you a migri staff then? If everything is clear and well defined by migri, we wouldn't have been up here for ideas. Not even migri website has ever mentioned whether they handle according to your so called queues. So where is your strong sense from?

Many here have been longing for decisions and some applications are already overdue. If your point really does make sense, then there wouldn't be any of us wondering about the LIFO cases.
I guess the argument got heated. Assumptions are always just an educated guess, with every possibilty of being wrong thats why wrote it in bold, as you mentioned my educated guess was based on the trend of decisions shared here. LIFO instead of FIFO or mixed.
As far as queue is concerned, yes there is a queue but its not so that a person at the top of the queue would be the first one to get decision but to me it simply says that yes you are among those who have applied and are waiting because migiri also says:
"You should not compare your processing time to the processing time of other applicants, because the processing time varies depending on the amount of investigation needed for each application." Following this logic yes its possible those applying later would get earlier decisions but AGAIN trend this year has been that those who applied around march 2020 are being processed faster than those who applied during late 2019.
Ofc all of us waiting for decision for long are in a state of limbo and try to make sense...but it does not need to flair things up :) fingers crossed and best of luck to all who applied, no matter sooner or later.

ash_12
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:07 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by ash_12 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:44 am

toystory wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:40 pm
ash_12 wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:30 pm
Today I got positive decision
Proved identity on 20.01.2020.
Moved to Finland in 2012 for work from India.
Since 2017 I had P type permit.
Can I ask you what requirements did you have to fulfill to receive a P permit back in 2017?
By simply fulfilling the requirement of P type permit by living in Finland on A type permit for 5 years

kirsti531
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:36 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by kirsti531 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:44 pm

My friend got her citizenship last July, she made her appearance in Migri last February 2020. She's been living here in Finland same as me for 4,8 years now, with type A permit. But she applied in Lapperanta. I wonder if the processing is faster outside Helsinki. Mine is still on stage 1 and i proved my identity in Migri Helsinki last January 2020.

Xzero
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:43 am

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by Xzero » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:22 pm

kirsti531 wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:44 pm
My friend got her citizenship last July, she made her appearance in Migri last February 2020. She's been living here in Finland same as me for 4,8 years now, with type A permit. But she applied in Lapperanta. I wonder if the processing is faster outside Helsinki. Mine is still on stage 1 and i proved my identity in Migri Helsinki last January 2020.
Its all random. 7 of my friends applied for citizenship in Helsinki. Two females from country A and B got it in 2 months. Another female friend from country A got it in 8 months and 9 days. Another female from same country had to wait for 14 months. My two countrymen got it in 14 months while another friend got it in just 5 months whereas me and my friend are waiting since 10.
5 months . These are all 2019-2020 cases. Its all random.

You can't say anything with surety...lets see when we get our number randomly.

heretostay
Posts: 418
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:54 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by heretostay » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:39 pm

No. Finnish or Swedish. You have to demonstrate that you have the required language skills even if you show the certificate from YKI test by handling basic conversation necessary for the application appointment.

Hafjavid
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:33 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by Hafjavid » Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:47 pm

Here comes my turn to post about the result of citizenship application after a 13 months waiting time

Here is my timeline
19/07/2019: proved my identity
Until 31/07/2020 I updated my salary slips and travel history
20/08/2020: processing started
20/08/2020: decision has been made

Migri didn’t request any supplement

Moheb
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:39 am

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by Moheb » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:36 am

According to Migri website, the processing time for citizenship application is again 10-12 months. :(
The recent experience also shows that one may need to wait for one year to get the decision.

annie33
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:24 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by annie33 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:30 pm

Hej hej,

Just have one question. I've proven my identity on Fabruary 2020 and my status is still on 1 ("waiting for processing") and I constantly log in and check it compulsively. Do they let you know by email that the status of your application has change to 2 ("processing") or yo only know when they have made a desiiton (status 3)?


Post Reply