Citizenship Application 2020

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Post Reply
betelgeuse
Posts: 3620
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:24 am

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by betelgeuse » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:10 am

F_S wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:16 pm
Do you know if living on social benefits can affect the result of a citizenship application in Finland?
It doesn't.
finblack wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:17 pm
Can anyone tell me what the immigration means when they ask, did you arrive Finland with a resident permit ? I don't know how to answer that since I came I to Finland on a polish resident permit which is valid in all EU since I was married to a polish EU citizen. ..maybe they were refering to illegal immigrants who came in without a resident permit or a passport. ?
Which question do you refer to in the application?

https://migri.fi/documents/5202425/5786 ... 8fi%29.pdf

Lacking in context but they need to know about status on arrival to calculate period of residence.

https://migri.fi/en/how-to-calculate-th ... -residence



Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic
 

Salman.Saleem
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by Salman.Saleem » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:35 am

Don't worry we both are in same boat. I proved identity in November 2019 and application is still in phase 1 i. e waiting for processing. The time processor say 10 to 12 Months. So decision anytime between September and November. So only thing we can do is stay patient and wait.

Alexithymia
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:26 am

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by Alexithymia » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:24 pm

Salman.Saleem wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:35 am
Don't worry we both are in same boat. I proved identity in November 2019 and application is still in phase 1 i. e waiting for processing. The time processor say 10 to 12 Months. So decision anytime between September and November. So only thing we can do is stay patient and wait.
same Here... proved identity on 11 Oct 2019. Still stage one. Hopefully next 30 days would yield some result.

finblack
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:53 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by finblack » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:42 pm

F_S wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:02 pm
finblack wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:17 pm
I am kinda confused with the whole thing. I applied since October 2019, proved my identity in November 2019 and up till now , I am still waiting for the decision. Can anyone tell me what the immigration means when they ask, did you arrive Finland with a resident permit ? I don't know how to answer that since I came I to Finland on a polish resident permit which is valid in all EU since I was married to a polish EU citizen. ..maybe they were refering to illegal immigrants who came in without a resident permit or a passport. ?

You can not live in Finland on a residence permit issued by another Schengen member country. A residence permit will only allow you to live in the country which has issued the permit. You can always visit and stay in other Schengen member countries for up to 90 days. However, you will not be a resident of any of them until you change your permit.

Moving to any EU with your EU partner makes it possible for you to work without a permit. You are only granted a Finnish resident card once u or your EU spouse secure a job. . Thanks anyway for trying to yield light on this. Appreciated! I started working as soon as I came in here. I was told by the immigration that I could work. As an EU or EU family member, you need a job in Finland to be able to apply for registration of residence or EU family member resident card ..
Last edited by finblack on Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

finblack
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:53 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by finblack » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:45 pm

Alexithymia wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:24 pm
Salman.Saleem wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:35 am
Don't worry we both are in same boat. I proved identity in November 2019 and application is still in phase 1 i. e waiting for processing. The time processor say 10 to 12 Months. So decision anytime between September and November. So only thing we can do is stay patient and wait.
same Here... proved identity on 11 Oct 2019. Still stage one. Hopefully next 30 days would yield some result.
I thought they said it's now 16 months. That's what the website says when you I tried to check. Or is it not accurate? The last time I wrote to the immigration they said 10 to 12 months.

finblack
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:53 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by finblack » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:47 pm

Alexithymia wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:24 pm
Salman.Saleem wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:35 am
Don't worry we both are in same boat. I proved identity in November 2019 and application is still in phase 1 i. e waiting for processing. The time processor say 10 to 12 Months. So decision anytime between September and November. So only thing we can do is stay patient and wait.
same Here... proved identity on 11 Oct 2019. Still stage one. Hopefully next 30 days would yield some result.
How did you come to Finland ?

finblack
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:53 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by finblack » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:55 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:10 am
F_S wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:16 pm
Do you know if living on social benefits can affect the result of a citizenship application in Finland?
It doesn't.
finblack wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:17 pm
Can anyone tell me what the immigration means when they ask, did you arrive Finland with a resident permit ? I don't know how to answer that since I came I to Finland on a polish resident permit which is valid in all EU since I was married to a polish EU citizen. ..maybe they were refering to illegal immigrants who came in without a resident permit or a passport. ?
Which question do you refer to in the application?

https://migri.fi/documents/5202425/5786 ... 8fi%29.pdf

Lacking in context but they need to know about status on arrival to calculate period of residence.

https://migri.fi/en/how-to-calculate-th ... -residence
I know about the calculation.. as an EU family member, I had the right to start working right away when I moved to Finland even without a Finnish resident card. The checker on the Finnish website asked if one arrives in Finland without a resident card. I arrived with a polish resident card and not a Finnish resident card. That got me confused . Does it matter what kind of resident card one had or not. ?

betelgeuse
Posts: 3620
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:24 am

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by betelgeuse » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:26 pm

finblack wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:55 pm
I know about the calculation.. as an EU family member, I had the right to start working right away when I moved to Finland even without a Finnish resident card. The checker on the Finnish website asked if one arrives in Finland without a resident card. I arrived with a polish resident card and not a Finnish resident card. That got me confused . Does it matter what kind of resident card one had or not. ?
It doesn't for EU family members.

Alexithymia
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:26 am

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by Alexithymia » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:50 am

finblack wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:45 pm
Alexithymia wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:24 pm
Salman.Saleem wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:35 am
Don't worry we both are in same boat. I proved identity in November 2019 and application is still in phase 1 i. e waiting for processing. The time processor say 10 to 12 Months. So decision anytime between September and November. So only thing we can do is stay patient and wait.
same Here... proved identity on 11 Oct 2019. Still stage one. Hopefully next 30 days would yield some result.
I thought they said it's now 16 months. That's what the website says when you I tried to check. Or is it not accurate? The last time I wrote to the immigration they said 10 to 12 months.
It still shows 12 months for those who entered finland with a residance permit and 16 for those who entered with out a permit.
Last edited by Alexithymia on Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alexithymia
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:26 am

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by Alexithymia » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:50 am

finblack wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:47 pm
Alexithymia wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:24 pm
Salman.Saleem wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:35 am
Don't worry we both are in same boat. I proved identity in November 2019 and application is still in phase 1 i. e waiting for processing. The time processor say 10 to 12 Months. So decision anytime between September and November. So only thing we can do is stay patient and wait.
same Here... proved identity on 11 Oct 2019. Still stage one. Hopefully next 30 days would yield some result.
How did you come to Finland ?
As a student in 2013, converted to work in 2015

dipc
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 2:20 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by dipc » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:41 pm

rickx1234 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:49 am
dipc wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:26 pm
Applied on 09.03.2020.
Processing started on 04.09.2020. Additional documents were requested.
Received decision on 15.09.2020 (withing 2 working days of sending the additional information).
Have your checked with the digi ja väestötietovirasto, whether your citizenship status is now updated? I have checked mine. It hasn't been updated yet.
Hi! Sorry for the late reply. Yes, my status was updated the very same day. I hope your status has been updated by now.

rickx1234
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:00 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by rickx1234 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:28 am

dipc wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:41 pm
rickx1234 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:49 am
dipc wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:26 pm
Applied on 09.03.2020.
Processing started on 04.09.2020. Additional documents were requested.
Received decision on 15.09.2020 (withing 2 working days of sending the additional information).
Have your checked with the digi ja väestötietovirasto, whether your citizenship status is now updated? I have checked mine. It hasn't been updated yet.
Hi! Sorry for the late reply. Yes, my status was updated the very same day. I hope your status has been updated by now.
The issue was on hold for a week awaiting staff from Digi ja väestötietovirasto to fix my status. Now I got my ID card already.

Xzero
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:43 am

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by Xzero » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:06 pm

Anyone out here who has been waiting for more than one year?

What do you suggest that should one contact migri if it has been more than a year and the application is still in phase 1: waiting for processing? Suggest please.

Salman.Saleem
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by Salman.Saleem » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:48 pm

My application has been in phase 1 waiting for processing since 10 months. According to new migri time processor calculator 10-12 months is processing time. If you are over 1 year I recommend you to write an email or phone call and ask when you can get decision.

Alexithymia
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:26 am

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by Alexithymia » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:44 pm

Hi guys, can you access EnterFinland website (i.e. able to login to your account). I have been experiencing problems on my end where i am getting this message since last night whenever i try to login
"Cannot login via SuomiFi -> SessionId empty "
. I was wondering if its just problem with my account or is it a general problem with the website.


Post Reply