Citizenship Application 2020

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Post Reply
Doncod
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:02 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by Doncod » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:20 pm

formulaWatcher wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:40 am
Hi all

I have recently received my decision (after approximately 5 months) and I wanted to make a comment for those who are still waiting for over a year which hopefully eases minds a bit. Please keep in mind that I am just sharing my opinion and I do not have a source to back it up.

I understand that waiting requires a lot of patience and it might also affect your current family or work situation. Adding to that, thinking that there is injustice in the process of handling applications would be really frustrating.

The main idea that feeds the "injustice" feeling is that all the applications are in stage 1, how can an application like mine who is on the queue for 5 months move to stage 2 before the ones who have been on the queue for over a year?
However, from my own experience and what I have seen people posting here, is that the decisions are made generally on the same day when the application moves from stage 1 to stage 2. Migri cannot make a decision before checking all the claims we have made (especially criminal history and our records from home country). So what probably happens is, information is requested from foreign officials once the application has been received and interview is over. But application is waiting for processing because this information is not available yet. Applications move to stage 2 in order probably once all the necessary information has been received.

I know several people from my own country who have received decisions in a similar timeline. They differ in the ways that whether their permits are based on work or family ties, whether they a have an income or not or they are married to a Finnish citizen or not etc. What is common is the country of origin and the fact that they meet all the requirements of the citizenship. So I believe the timeline is affected mainly by the speed of background check, the information retrieval from foreign officials.

Finally I wish good luck and patience to all who are waiting.
How long were you on processing stage, I mean stage two, because have been on stage two for awhile now



Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic
 

Salman.Saleem
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by Salman.Saleem » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:53 pm

How long your application is in stage 2? If long time that above theory of delay in background check from country of origin did not work.

daramolad
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:50 am

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by daramolad » Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:36 pm

Salman.Saleem wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:53 pm
How long your application is in stage 2? If long time that above theory of delay in background check from country of origin did not work.

Ok

formulaWatcher
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:52 am

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by formulaWatcher » Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:54 pm

In my case the decision is made the same when it moved to stage 2, which I see as a common case. However, I imagine in some cases they may need to collect more information or require some clarification from either the applicant or other officials once the application moves to stage 2 and they go through it.

Doncod
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:02 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by Doncod » Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:47 pm

formulaWatcher wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:54 pm
In my case the decision is made the same when it moved to stage 2, which I see as a common case. However, I imagine in some cases they may need to collect more information or require some clarification from either the applicant or other officials once the application moves to stage 2 and they go through it.
Okay probably mine is undergoing request from other relevant authorities

F_S
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu May 28, 2020 6:43 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by F_S » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:46 pm

Some apply too soon, but not soon enough to be rejected. This may also explain why their cases take long: Their applications need to wait until the period of residence reaches the five-year requirement.

I have heard of people who have become citizens after only 4 years, but Migri specifies on its website that four years would only suffice on the condition that the applicant has 'strong ties' with Finland.

betelgeuse
Posts: 3661
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:24 am

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by betelgeuse » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:54 pm

F_S wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:46 pm
Some apply too soon, but not soon enough to be rejected. This may also explain why their cases take long: Their applications need to wait until the period of residence reaches the five-year requirement.

I have heard of people who have become citizens after only 4 years, but Migri specifies on its website that four years would only suffice on the condition that the applicant has 'strong ties' with Finland.
The bar for 'strong ties' is quite low. For example, working in Finland qualifies.

"Säännöksen 1 momentin 1 kohta säilytettäisiin kuitenkin tarpeellisena, sillä asumisaikaa koskevien poikkeussäännösten soveltamisen tulisi jatkossakin edellyttää kiinteitä siteitä Suomeen. Tällaisina voitaisiin edelleen pitää esimerkiksi jatkuvia yhteyksiä Suomessa asuviin sukulaisiin tai Suomeen liittyvää työtä."

https://www.finlex.fi/fi/esitykset/he/2 ... p448201552

kristina30
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:59 am

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by kristina30 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:30 pm

Most of my friends who are living here less than 5yrs (type a permit) got their decision within 3-5months. While only few from my group of friends got stuck, maybe because the other one stopped working due to studies and me, i had my company before.

And after 11 months of waiting, my application moved to stage 2! Now i need to submit tuloslaskelma ja tase and my accountant’s statement. The problem is I didn’t have an accountant when I had my company before which only ran for 4months. I took care all by myself, all the invoicing and the taxation matters. I contacted an accountant a week ago, but the whole work will take about 3weeks because the accountant needs my Company’s bank statement which will take 2wks to print from the bank! And migri only gave me 2weeks for everything.

Does anyone knows how make these statements (below)? Or does it have an official format? If i dont have an accountant??

“Kirjanpitäjän todistus yksityissijoituksistasi ja yksityisnostoistasi. Jos sinulla ei ole kirjanpitäjää, omaan kirjanpitoosi perustuva todistus yksityisotoista ja -sijoituksistasi.”
Last edited by kristina30 on Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doncod
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:02 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by Doncod » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:54 pm

kristina30 wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:30 pm
Most of my friends who are living here less than 5yrs (type a permit) got their decision within 3-5months. While only few from my group of friends got stuck, maybe because the other one stopped working due to studies and me, i had my company before.

And after 11 months of waiting, my application moved to stage 2! Now i need to submit tuloslaskelma ja tase and my accountant’s statement. The problem is I didn’t have an accountant when I had my company before which only ran for 4months. I took care all by myself, all the invoicing and the taxation matters. I contacted an accountant a week ago, but the whole work will take about 3weeks because the accountant needs my Company’s bank statement which will take 2wks to print from the bank! And migri only gave me 2weeks for everything. Does anyone knows how make these statements? Or does it have an official format?

“Kirjanpitäjän todistus yksityissijoituksistasi ja yksityisnostoistasi. Jos sinulla ei ole kirjanpitäjää, omaan kirjanpitoosi perustuva todistus yksityisotoista ja -sijoituksistasi.”

Sorry if I may ask how many weeks was your application on stage two before migri, requested for supplements

kristina30
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:59 am

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by kristina30 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:08 pm

Doncod wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:54 pm
kristina30 wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:30 pm
Most of my friends who are living here less than 5yrs (type a permit) got their decision within 3-5months. While only few from my group of friends got stuck, maybe because the other one stopped working due to studies and me, i had my company before.

And after 11 months of waiting, my application moved to stage 2! Now i need to submit tuloslaskelma ja tase and my accountant’s statement. The problem is I didn’t have an accountant when I had my company before which only ran for 4months. I took care all by myself, all the invoicing and the taxation matters. I contacted an accountant a week ago, but the whole work will take about 3weeks because the accountant needs my Company’s bank statement which will take 2wks to print from the bank! And migri only gave me 2weeks for everything. Does anyone knows how make these statements? Or does it have an official format?

“Kirjanpitäjän todistus yksityissijoituksistasi ja yksityisnostoistasi. Jos sinulla ei ole kirjanpitäjää, omaan kirjanpitoosi perustuva todistus yksityisotoista ja -sijoituksistasi.”

Sorry if I may ask how many weeks was your application on stage two before migri, requested for supplements
From stage 1, it moved to stage 2 on the same day nov3 and they are requiring me to submit the requests until nov17.

Doncod
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:02 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by Doncod » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:12 pm

kristina30 wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:08 pm
Doncod wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:54 pm
kristina30 wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:30 pm
Most of my friends who are living here less than 5yrs (type a permit) got their decision within 3-5months. While only few from my group of friends got stuck, maybe because the other one stopped working due to studies and me, i had my company before.

And after 11 months of waiting, my application moved to stage 2! Now i need to submit tuloslaskelma ja tase and my accountant’s statement. The problem is I didn’t have an accountant when I had my company before which only ran for 4months. I took care all by myself, all the invoicing and the taxation matters. I contacted an accountant a week ago, but the whole work will take about 3weeks because the accountant needs my Company’s bank statement which will take 2wks to print from the bank! And migri only gave me 2weeks for everything. Does anyone knows how make these statements? Or does it have an official format?

“Kirjanpitäjän todistus yksityissijoituksistasi ja yksityisnostoistasi. Jos sinulla ei ole kirjanpitäjää, omaan kirjanpitoosi perustuva todistus yksityisotoista ja -sijoituksistasi.”

Sorry if I may ask how many weeks was your application on stage two before migri, requested for supplements
From stage 1, it moved to stage 2 on the same day nov3 and they are requiring me to submit the requests until nov17.
Okay, thanks for your reply, mine also entered stage two on Nov.3 amn yet to receive any request for supplements, maybe my application is not open yet

Doncod
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:02 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by Doncod » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:23 pm

kristina30 wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:30 pm
Most of my friends who are living here less than 5yrs (type a permit) got their decision within 3-5months. While only few from my group of friends got stuck, maybe because the other one stopped working due to studies and me, i had my company before.

And after 11 months of waiting, my application moved to stage 2! Now i need to submit tuloslaskelma ja tase and my accountant’s statement. The problem is I didn’t have an accountant when I had my company before which only ran for 4months. I took care all by myself, all the invoicing and the taxation matters. I contacted an accountant a week ago, but the whole work will take about 3weeks because the accountant needs my Company’s bank statement which will take 2wks to print from the bank! And migri only gave me 2weeks for everything.

Does anyone knows how make these statements (below)? Or does it have an official format? If i dont have an accountant??

“Kirjanpitäjän todistus yksityissijoituksistasi ja yksityisnostoistasi. Jos sinulla ei ole kirjanpitäjää, omaan kirjanpitoosi perustuva todistus yksityisotoista ja -sijoituksistasi.”
Hello, can you contact the below book keeper, I hope he will do something to help you with the needed documents.


Daley Nevantaus
Owner, book-keeper
Sotkansiipi osk
045-312 9989

* Just to ask you, is your company toiminimi?

kristina30
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:59 am

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by kristina30 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:35 pm

Doncod wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:23 pm
kristina30 wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:30 pm
Most of my friends who are living here less than 5yrs (type a permit) got their decision within 3-5months. While only few from my group of friends got stuck, maybe because the other one stopped working due to studies and me, i had my company before.

And after 11 months of waiting, my application moved to stage 2! Now i need to submit tuloslaskelma ja tase and my accountant’s statement. The problem is I didn’t have an accountant when I had my company before which only ran for 4months. I took care all by myself, all the invoicing and the taxation matters. I contacted an accountant a week ago, but the whole work will take about 3weeks because the accountant needs my Company’s bank statement which will take 2wks to print from the bank! And migri only gave me 2weeks for everything.

Does anyone knows how make these statements (below)? Or does it have an official format? If i dont have an accountant??

“Kirjanpitäjän todistus yksityissijoituksistasi ja yksityisnostoistasi. Jos sinulla ei ole kirjanpitäjää, omaan kirjanpitoosi perustuva todistus yksityisotoista ja -sijoituksistasi.”
Hello, can you contact the below book keeper, I hope he will do something to help you with the needed documents.


Daley Nevantaus
Owner, book-keeper
Sotkansiipi osk
045-312 9989

* Just to ask you, is your company toiminimi?

Hi, thank you. Yes its tmi. I have bookkeeper now and i’ll ask about that on monday. I just found out recently about that context somewhere in migri page that if i dont have a bookkeeper as it says there, i need to submit statement of my private withdrawal and income of the company? Maybe the migri is asking about the bank statements. I am considering another option instead of submitting the bookkeeper’s statement because the deadline is on nov17. :? :?

Doncod
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:02 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by Doncod » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:41 pm

kristina30 wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:35 pm
Doncod wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:23 pm
kristina30 wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:30 pm
Most of my friends who are living here less than 5yrs (type a permit) got their decision within 3-5months. While only few from my group of friends got stuck, maybe because the other one stopped working due to studies and me, i had my company before.

And after 11 months of waiting, my application moved to stage 2! Now i need to submit tuloslaskelma ja tase and my accountant’s statement. The problem is I didn’t have an accountant when I had my company before which only ran for 4months. I took care all by myself, all the invoicing and the taxation matters. I contacted an accountant a week ago, but the whole work will take about 3weeks because the accountant needs my Company’s bank statement which will take 2wks to print from the bank! And migri only gave me 2weeks for everything.

Does anyone knows how make these statements (below)? Or does it have an official format? If i dont have an accountant??

“Kirjanpitäjän todistus yksityissijoituksistasi ja yksityisnostoistasi. Jos sinulla ei ole kirjanpitäjää, omaan kirjanpitoosi perustuva todistus yksityisotoista ja -sijoituksistasi.”
Hello, can you contact the below book keeper, I hope he will do something to help you with the needed documents.


Daley Nevantaus
Owner, book-keeper
Sotkansiipi osk
045-312 9989

* Just to ask you, is your company toiminimi?

Hi, thank you. Yes its tmi. I have bookkeeper now and i’ll ask about that on monday. I just found out recently about that context somewhere in migri page that if i dont have a bookkeeper as it says there, i need to submit statement of my private withdrawal and income of the company? Maybe the migri is asking about the bank statements. I am considering another option instead of submitting the bookkeeper’s statement because the deadline is on nov17. :? :?

Ok cool, you can submit the statement of withdrawal, and let see if all goes well, wish you the very best

rebvar
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:32 pm
Location: Oulu, Finland

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by rebvar » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:59 pm

Hi everybody,

I applied in the beginning of Nov. 2020 and my status has changed to "in progress" a few days ago. I applied after my wife who applied in July 2020, because there was no YKI exam from March to end of August and she already had her lang certification before 2020. She got a positive decision the same day my application status changed to in progress. I think though that my status has changed automatically because I think they are trying to process the application of families together or as close in time as possible. Has anyone had a similar situation?


Post Reply