Citizenship Application 2020

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Post Reply
maskara
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:07 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by maskara » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:53 pm

When did you applied? Are you also from Nigeria ? Thanks


petbek-125 wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:12 am
Doncod wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:29 pm
petbek-125 wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:05 pm


Congratulation and thanks for sharing.
If i may ask you (if it doesnt bother you) did u have residence permit before coming to finland ? and where u come from?
just asking to see if i can expect around the same timeline for myself or what.

Congratulation and wish you well!
Yea I came to Finland as a student, so had B permit.
Same here, thanks for answer! :)



Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic
 

Doncod
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:02 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by Doncod » Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:53 pm

sirkezman wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:55 pm
Congratulations man.
one question: did you check your queue number with Kamu prior to this?

Doncod wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:51 pm
I just became a Finnish few minutes ago.....
Here is my timeline:

19/12/2019 We have received the processing fee for your application. (€380)
19/12/2019 We have received your application and it is pending.
12/02/2020 You have proved your identity and a diary number has been created for your application. You can see the diary number at the top of the page. Your application has been placed in the processing queue. We will contact you if we need more information from you. Our processing times can be found on our website at www.migri.fi
19/06/2020 You have sent additional information for the application. We have received it. The documents you sent are displayed in the application information.

14/09/2020 You have sent additional information for the application. We have received it. The documents you sent are displayed in the application information.

03/11/2020 You have sent additional information for the application. We have received it. The documents you sent are displayed in the application information.

12/11/2020 You have sent additional information for the application. We have received it. The documents you sent are displayed in the application information.

24/11/2020 Your application is waiting for your reply to a request for supplementary information.
24/11/2020 You have replied to a request for supplementary information.
24/11/2020 You have sent additional information for the application. We have received it. The documents you sent are displayed in the application information.

29/11/2020 You have sent additional information for the application. We have received it. The documents you sent are displayed in the application information.

30/11/2020 A decision has been made on your application.
30/11/2020 The decision can be read on your user account.
30/11/2020 The processing of your application has started. Contacting us does not speed up the processing of the application. If we need further information from you, we will send you a request through this service.


**** I wish everyone expecting a decision all the best, endurance is the key ******
Yea I checked my queue number on many occasions, I had about 1180 applications before me. I think the queue system doesn't depict when exactly you get decision.

petbek-125
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:09 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by petbek-125 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:38 am

maskara wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:53 pm
When did you applied? Are you also from Nigeria ? Thanks


petbek-125 wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:12 am
Doncod wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:29 pm


Yea I came to Finland as a student, so had B permit.
Same here, thanks for answer! :)
Only 2 and half months ago,
no, i am Egyptian

maskara
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:07 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by maskara » Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:26 pm

So you have applied 2.5 months ago and already in stage 2?

petbek-125 wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:38 am
maskara wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:53 pm
When did you applied? Are you also from Nigeria ? Thanks


petbek-125 wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:12 am


Same here, thanks for answer! :)
Only 2 and half months ago,
no, i am Egyptian

rebvar
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:32 pm
Location: Oulu, Finland

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by rebvar » Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:54 pm

I applied 1 month ago and i have been in stage 2 for three weeks now.

I know why my case went to stage two though. My wife applied before me and my application went to stage two, the same day she received her decision.
maskara wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:26 pm
So you have applied 2.5 months ago and already in stage 2?

petbek-125 wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:38 am
maskara wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:53 pm
When did you applied? Are you also from Nigeria ? Thanks



Only 2 and half months ago,
no, i am Egyptian

maskara
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:07 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by maskara » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:58 pm

Regardless of what, that is ridiculously unfair. Well, you don’t expect anything fair from migri anyway. Such a corrupt office.

rebvar wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:54 pm
I applied 1 month ago and i have been in stage 2 for three weeks now.

I know why my case went to stage two though. My wife applied before me and my application went to stage two, the same day she received her decision.
maskara wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:26 pm
So you have applied 2.5 months ago and already in stage 2?

petbek-125 wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:38 am


Only 2 and half months ago,
no, i am Egyptian

rebvar
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:32 pm
Location: Oulu, Finland

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by rebvar » Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:18 pm

I do not think this is at all related to when one gets the decision. This is an automated process most probably that is triggered for all family members once one of them receives a decision. I do not think that even the queue number in kamu is relevant and I think you can get a decision while you are 1000 or 2000 in the queue, because queue is not the only factor.


A friend of mine was in the second stage for if I remember correctly 5 months before receiving the decision.
maskara wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:58 pm
Regardless of what, that is ridiculously unfair. Well, you don’t expect anything fair from migri anyway. Such a corrupt office.

rebvar wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:54 pm
I applied 1 month ago and i have been in stage 2 for three weeks now.

I know why my case went to stage two though. My wife applied before me and my application went to stage two, the same day she received her decision.
maskara wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:26 pm
So you have applied 2.5 months ago and already in stage 2?



petbek-125
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:09 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by petbek-125 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:46 am

maskara wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:26 pm
So you have applied 2.5 months ago and already in stage 2?

petbek-125 wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:38 am
maskara wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:53 pm
When did you applied? Are you also from Nigeria ? Thanks



Only 2 and half months ago,
no, i am Egyptian
WHo said i am in stage 2, I never said so.
Dude chill! If something annoying is taking long time from your life, you shouldnt let it take you energy and peace of mind as well.
You should focus ur time and energy on getting something else done other than that.watched pot doesnt boil.

maskara
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:07 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by maskara » Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:22 pm

You dont even know what you are talking about. check your posts once again. Im not gonna further discuss with you. apparently you haven’t been integrated to europe well enough. cheers

petbek-125 wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:46 am
maskara wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:26 pm
So you have applied 2.5 months ago and already in stage 2?

petbek-125 wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:38 am


Only 2 and half months ago,
no, i am Egyptian
WHo said i am in stage 2, I never said so.
Dude chill! If something annoying is taking long time from your life, you shouldnt let it take you energy and peace of mind as well.
You should focus ur time and energy on getting something else done other than that.watched pot doesnt boil.

petbek-125
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:09 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by petbek-125 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:19 pm

_
Last edited by petbek-125 on Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

petbek-125
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:09 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by petbek-125 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:27 pm

maskara wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:22 pm
You dont even know what you are talking about. check your posts once again. Im not gonna further discuss with you. apparently you haven’t been integrated to europe well enough. cheers

petbek-125 wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:46 am
maskara wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:26 pm
So you have applied 2.5 months ago and already in stage 2?


WHo said i am in stage 2, I never said so.
Dude chill! If something annoying is taking long time from your life, you shouldnt let it take you energy and peace of mind as well.
You should focus ur time and energy on getting something else done other than that.watched pot doesnt boil.
Get some help!

petbek-125
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:09 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by petbek-125 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:40 pm

rebvar wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:18 pm
I do not think this is at all related to when one gets the decision. This is an automated process most probably that is triggered for all family members once one of them receives a decision. I do not think that even the queue number in kamu is relevant and I think you can get a decision while you are 1000 or 2000 in the queue, because queue is not the only factor.


A friend of mine was in the second stage for if I remember correctly 5 months before receiving the decision.
maskara wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:58 pm
Regardless of what, that is ridiculously unfair. Well, you don’t expect anything fair from migri anyway. Such a corrupt office.

rebvar wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:54 pm
I applied 1 month ago and i have been in stage 2 for three weeks now.

I know why my case went to stage two though. My wife applied before me and my application went to stage two, the same day she received her decision.

Just a friendly advice, don´t bother explaining and save your time.

gingerbreadass
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:04 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by gingerbreadass » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:09 pm

Hey guys
I just logged in into my EnterFinland acc and it shows that I have zero applications pending / within the system. Is anyone having the same issue right now? :shock:

petbek-125
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:09 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by petbek-125 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:18 pm

gingerbreadass wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:09 pm
Hey guys
I just logged in into my EnterFinland acc and it shows that I have zero applications pending / within the system. Is anyone having the same issue right now? :shock:
It shows error message to me. You might wanna check this announcement:
https://migri.fi/-/katkos-verkkopalvelussa

NukkuMatti
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:51 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by NukkuMatti » Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:23 pm

Hi everyone.

I truly hope a lot of you have gotten their desired piece of paper this year after I started this topic at the beginning of the year.

To conclude my story and this topic here:

I started my application this year and filled in on enter Finland web-page all required information and added the needed documents and I made a reservation at Migri to show my passport and language test results.

Then Covid-19 happened and due to the extreme high risk of my wife because of her cancer, I cancelled the appointment at Migri and put my application on hold (did not pay yet).

Then last September my wife died, not of the covid-19 but of the cancer we have been fighting for 3,5 years, this changed all.

I cancelled and deleted my application and newly made appointment at Migri again, now because accepting / acquiring the Finnish citizenship would mean I would need to give up my own country's citizenship, because I am no longer married (widower) (my own countries laws). :shock:

So I will remain a foreigner in this hostile environment forever :cry: or at least until all my kids are grown up and can manage their own life.

Leaves me to wish you all who are still waiting for a decision, the best of luck.
Although I do ask myself, why anyone would want to live here without being tied to this foreigner hating country (PS went up again in the polls) by marriage or family anyway.
If I had the choice, I would be gone: 10 years of teasing by Kekkonen era educated Finns as neighbours, sidelined from the working force by the prevalent "suhteet principle" in job economics regardless of your skills, being used as a slave by the system of free employment (työharjoitelu / työkokeilu) without the prospect of ever gaining full employment (illegal), the utter rudeness of the majority of the people around you, the tasteless food and the sheer evilness of family when it concerns inheritances... and last but not least, the f%#¤% language. No this would not be my choice to stay here...
However the wet (instead of dry and freezing) weather becomes more and more like feeling at my home country :lol: :lol:

P.S. and yes after 10 years, I do no longer feel Finland is my "home" country.... exactly why I did not want to give up my own original citizenship.

For all of you: stay safe and all the best...have safe holidays and a better 2021 for everyone


Post Reply