Changing My Residence Permit [Help]

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
James01

Post by James01 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:49 am

Hello everybody,

I'll try to keep it short and simple. My wife and I have been married now for 2 years, after I have lived in Finland as a student for 2 years.
Recently we have problems ... and I feel like we will be divorcing very soon, at the same time I have my work in here and everything so I was thinking why don't I switch my actual Residence Permit from family ties to work? so I would avoid those permit troubles in the future.
My questions is it possible to do so ? And if it is the case should I proceed normally by changing the type of the permit or I have to explain these details to migri?

Thanks for your answers 🙏🏽🙏🏽

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Changing My Residence Permit [Help]

Post by betelgeuse » Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:33 pm

James01 wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:49 am
I'll try to keep it short and simple. My wife and I have been married now for 2 years, after I have lived in Finland as a student for 2 years.
Recently we have problems ... and I feel like we will be divorcing very soon, at the same time I have my work in here and everything so I was thinking why don't I switch my actual Residence Permit from family ties to work? so I would avoid those permit troubles in the future.
My questions is it possible to do so ? And if it is the case should I proceed normally by changing the type of the permit or I have to explain these details to migri?
You can just do it ™

Whether it's actually useful is up to you. It takes minimum six months to get a divorce so you would have plenty of time to prepare.

If your work requires labor market evaluation, it's not automatic that you would get the permit. You will have to disclose the marriage on the form and they will know through the population register. However, this is not a problem as an application is allowed to choose the grounds for the application.