Unemployment funds & resign

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
jack2012

Post by jack2012 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:15 pm

Hi,

I am really worried about my situation and need advise.

I am working in IT. I am considering to resign because of many issues related with work environment & salary. Can you please advise me, how can I get unemployment support from Kela or YTK(my insurance) until I find another job,

1- On average, how much time it would take to get financial support?
2- Is it also possible that I may not get anything because I have resigned myself?
3- I have heard that first I have to register at te-palvelut and get approval from them for unemployment support. And, te-palvelut is really strict and may not approve??
4- Is it also possible that te-palvelut give me any labor job to do as soon as I get unemployed? For example: I have experience in IT and I would start searching for job in IT but they send me to clean apartments/ships?

Please advise.

Kiitos :)

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinlandGirl

Re: Unemployment funds & resign

Post by FinlandGirl » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:54 pm

jack2012 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:15 pm
Hi,

I am really worried about my situation and need advise.

I am working in IT. I am considering to resign because of many issues related with work environment & salary. Can you please advise me, how can I get unemployment support from Kela or YTK(my insurance) until I find another job,
The normal way is to search for a job while you are still in the old job, and quit your old job after you have signed the new contract.
This avoids all your worries regarding unemployment.
It also puts you into a better position for the job search - offers are lower when the employer knows that you cannot reject the offer.

If your Residence Permit is for employment and non-permanent, it might get cancelled by Migri if you are not finding a new job quickly.
jack2012 wrote:
1- On average, how much time it would take to get financial support?
2- Is it also possible that I may not get anything because I have resigned myself?
The penalty for resigning is 3 months without unemployment benefits.
jack2012 wrote:
3- I have heard that first I have to register at te-palvelut and get approval from them for unemployment support. And, te-palvelut is really strict and may not approve??
TE will register you as jobseeker, this is the first thing you should do when you know your employment will end.
Further penalties can be avoided by following the orders from TE.
jack2012 wrote:
4- Is it also possible that te-palvelut give me any labor job to do as soon as I get unemployed? For example: I have experience in IT and I would start searching for job in IT but they send me to clean apartments/ships?
In theory yes.
In practice TE should be OK if you just say that you will use the first 3 months for your own jobsearch.

betelgeuse

Re: Unemployment funds & resign

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:26 am

FinlandGirl wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:54 pm
jack2012 wrote:
In theory yes.
In practice TE should be OK if you just say that you will use the first 3 months for your own jobsearch.
You have legal protection during the first three months of job seeking.

https://www.finlex.fi/fi/laki/ajantasa/ ... 90#O1L2aP8