Need some advice

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Ousman

Need some advice

Post by Ousman » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:50 pm

Okay..... Here my story
I am cohabitating with my fiancée and we have a child together.
We have been in a relationship over 5 years now, I just moved to Finland from Italy last year and got my residence permit for a guardian of Finnish citizen not so long ago.
But our relationship has not been going well since I moved to Finland. Some times I get thrown out of the house when we have misunderstandings and been told that I will never see my child anymore in my life.
Now am having plans of moving alone by my self bcus am tired of packing my stuffs in and the next week out. I am still in Finnish language course and I would finish in three months time then I can find a job or go to ammatikoulu.
My concern is will I loose my residence permit if I move alone?
We are not married and my residence permit is for a guardian of Finnish citizen.

Thanks

Need some advice

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Need some advice

Post by betelgeuse » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:12 pm

Ousman wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:50 pm
My concern is will I loose my residence permit if I move alone?
We are not married and my residence permit is for a guardian of Finnish citizen.
As long as you are a guardian you have not lost the basis for the residence permit.

network_engineer

Post by network_engineer » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:36 pm

True to a degree. However, i.e. once you move out/ separate, if the separation was acrimonious, then you might find that complaints of unsuitability against you, and application for sole custody. Not to scare you, but this is based on what I have generally heard over the years. This might then affect your permit.

Sure, continue to study, but try to see if you can get a work based permit rather than a dependent permit on a relationship.

Ousman

Post by Ousman » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:23 pm

Hei, do you think she can take away our child’s custody from me even if I ddnt do anything bad and I pay her child support and also if I take the child with me on weekends?

network_engineer

Post by network_engineer » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:38 pm

Ousman wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:23 pm
Hei, do you think she can take away our child’s custody from me even if I ddnt do anything bad and I pay her child support and also if I take the child with me on weekends?
As I said, if it is an acrimonious separation, then truth and moral behaviour may sometimes not be visible.

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:54 pm

Ousman wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:23 pm
The mother can try to apply for sole custody.
Usually this attempt will not be successful.
Ousman wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:50 pm
Some times I get thrown out of the house when we have misunderstandings and been told that I will never see my child anymore in my life.
I would recommended that you ask a lawyer how to proceed regarding visit rights for your child.