Social benefit from Kela

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
madsum20

Social benefit from Kela

Post by madsum20 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:22 am

Hi,

I am a migrant Finnish citizen. I am living in Finland for many years and I have never been unemployed until now. That is why I never ask for any kind of social benefit from Kela. So I have no idea about it. I am not a member of any union so I have to ask support from Kela. I was browsing kela.fi and found couple of benefits like these:-

Asumistuki, Perustoimeentulotuki, Työttömyyspäiväraha. It seems like I should be eligible for them. But I am confused about these Perustoimeentulotuki and Työttömyyspäiväraha. Will I be eligible for both? Besides those mentioned benefits are there any other benefits that I could apply. Thanks in advance!

Br,
Madsum

Social benefit from Kela

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinlandGirl

Re: Social benefit from Kela

Post by FinlandGirl » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:53 pm

madsum20 wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:22 am
But I am confused about these Perustoimeentulotuki and Työttömyyspäiväraha. Will I be eligible for both?
Yes, but not at the same time.

Basic unemployment allowance is what you get when you aren't a member of an unemployment funds that pays a higher benefit for the same duration (up to 300-500 days) instead.

Labour market subsidy is paid to people who are not eligible or have exceeded the maximum time for receiving basic unemployment allowance.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:36 pm

FinlandGirl wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:53 pm
madsum20 wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:22 am
But I am confused about these Perustoimeentulotuki and Työttömyyspäiväraha. Will I be eligible for both?
Yes, but not at the same time.

Basic unemployment allowance is what you get when you aren't a member of an unemployment funds that pays a higher benefit for the same duration (up to 300-500 days) instead.

Labour market subsidy is paid to people who are not eligible or have exceeded the maximum time for receiving basic unemployment allowance.
Perustoimeentulotuki is income support – not basic unemployment allowance. You can be eligible for both income support and labor market subsidy at the same time.

Piet

Post by Piet » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:34 pm

Be sure to register as jobseeker at TE office first, otherwise you will not get anything...

(In case no one told you). :wink:
If god would give us the source code, we could change the world