Appeal to Kela decision

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Chaouki

Appeal to Kela decision

Post by Chaouki » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:13 pm

Hi,

My wife and I applied for the Kela card at different times since the person that we met during the first appointment suggested that my wife wait till she registers with the TE office and then she could apply for both Kela card and unemployment benefit. While I'm still waiting for an answer for my application, my wife who applied two weeks after me, got a decision and it was negative. Now, I have a two years contract with the University of Oulu and we just moved to an apartment (we were living in an aparthotel when we both applied). We both have an A resident permit. I'm trying to mention all relevant information to get help to understand Kela's decision and thus try to address things when we appeal. Any help is appreciated!

Thank you.

Appeal to Kela decision

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Appeal to Kela decision

Post by betelgeuse » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:23 pm

Chaouki wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:13 pm
My wife and I applied for the Kela card at different times since the person that we met during the first appointment suggested that my wife wait till she registers with the TE office and then she could apply for both Kela card and unemployment benefit. While I'm still waiting for an answer for my application, my wife who applied two weeks after me, got a decision and it was negative. Now, I have a two years contract with the University of Oulu and we just moved to an apartment (we were living in an aparthotel when we both applied). We both have an A resident permit. I'm trying to mention all relevant information to get help to understand Kela's decision and thus try to address things when we appeal. Any help is appreciated!
Hard for anyone to really comment since there's no information on why Kela made a negative decision.

Chaouki

Post by Chaouki » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:34 pm

The decision was in Finnish, but now when I translated the whole document. It says because she doesn't live in Finland permanently.

Chaouki

Post by Chaouki » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:14 pm

We went to Kela today and we met someone there and according to her, her colleague did answer one question (are planning on living in Finland permanently?) by No in the application that she filled for us, alyhough we never mentioned sucha thing. My contract is for tw years but we are planning on staying permanently. She said she can rectify this in the application that has been sent but for some reason I don't understand how this can happen. Does anyone know how is the best approach to correct this misunderstanding? ( we already filled a complain but we weren't sure that the first decision was made because of the answer to that question).