Moving with a child alone

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Mizu1993

Post by Mizu1993 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:11 pm

I would like to move with my daughter to Turku. Since I can't go back to my home country, because of this stupid custody problem (he has 50% and I have 50% and he doesn't want to give those to me), I just don't want to be in the city he chose that we live in. He is just here in Tampere because of work. He broke up with me last Ocotber and we have a 2 year old. I just don't know how to proceed from here. How can I look at apartments there when I am actually here? It takes a while to get to Turku and to have a daughter to take with me, is quite difficult. Although my ex is no help and only makes problems. The grandfather is also here, he helps me once in a week and he would be super upset if I would move to Turku, because then he can't see his granddaughter, so I feel like I am in a bad position. But I just never felt really comfortable in this city and also want to start somewhere else and what I have seen from Turku was quite nice. Did someone here went through the same? Also, my finnish is still bad and Turku has more swedish speaker, but also not much. For me it is definately easier to learn swedish, would that help me a bit out in Turku? Or is it useless?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinlandGirl

Re: Moving with a child alone

Post by FinlandGirl » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:23 pm

Mizu1993 wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:11 pm
Also, my finnish is still bad and Turku has more swedish speaker, but also not much. For me it is definately easier to learn swedish, would that help me a bit out in Turku? Or is it useless?
Useless. 5.2% of the population of Turku speak Swedish as parental tongue, which is less than in Helsinki.

heretostay

Re: Moving with a child alone

Post by heretostay » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:31 am

If you want to speak Swedish somewhere like Vaasa would be a better choice.