Finnish great Grand mother

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
interlaminate

Post by interlaminate » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:22 pm

I would like to have your opinion about this matter:
parents of my grand mother are both Finnish Born in 1894, Family Pakkonen and Svarval
My grand mother (still alive) and my mother now are holding Estonian passport but they Got it in 1994 because they had soviet union passport during this complicated Time.
i was born in 1981 so i could not claim the Estonian Passport
i would like to ask if there is a chance that i can claim citizenship if my grand mother and mother can register as Finnish because of their parents.
Thx

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

heretostay

Re: Finnish great Grand mother

Post by heretostay » Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:13 pm

No, you are not eligible even though your parent would be.

“You may get a residence permit if at least one of your parents or grandparents is or has been a Finnish citizen by birth.”

https://migri.fi/en/remigration

FinlandGirl

Re: Finnish great Grand mother

Post by FinlandGirl » Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:26 pm

interlaminate wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:22 pm
i would like to ask if there is a chance that i can claim citizenship if my grand mother and mother can register as Finnish because of their parents.
Getting Finnish citizenship does not automatically give citizenship to already living children.

If your grandmother is a former Finnish citizen, she can get the citizenship back.
If your grandmother is a former Finnish citizen, your mother could have claimed citizenship between 2003 and 2008.

If your grandmother was a Finnish citizen by birth, you can get a Residence Permit for living in Finland.