Permanent residence permit

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
letseatpizza

Post by letseatpizza » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:48 am

Hello!

Sorry for a long post, just hoping to share my story and hear from folks who have been in a similar situation or know what can happen here.
I am a little nervous because of my application. Here's my story. I have been living in Finland since 2012, first as a student and since 2016 I've had a type A residence permit on the basis of work. I changed jobs throughout the validity of my permit. In early 2019 I got laid off at one of the places I used to work, and my employer reported this to Migri. They sent me a letter saying they are considering the cancellation of my permit, but during the time my status was in review I found a new job. When I told them that I got a new job, they have stopped the review and allowed me to keep my permit. Very soon (in 2 months to be precise) I am reaching the 4-year mark of my continuous residence and I have filled in the application for the permanent residence permit. One of the requirements for it is the payslips for this year and last year, but since I was unemployed for 2 months in-between jobs I am obviously missing these 2 payslips. Meaning that the first pay check I received was in March, not in January. I am really worried that the cancellation consideration that they had and the fact that I haven't been employed for the whole 2019 might influence their decision negatively. My current permit is still valid for another year. Has it happened before that they choose not to grant a permanent residence permit if there is still a year to go on the type A permit and the person has been unemployed for some time during the permit's validity?

I am sorry if this type of posts aren't allowed. I am just really nervous about this and wanted to hear advice from fellow forum members.
Thanks everyone.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Permanent residence permit

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:18 pm

letseatpizza wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:48 am
Sorry for a long post, just hoping to share my story and hear from folks who have been in a similar situation or know what can happen here.
I am a little nervous because of my application. Here's my story. I have been living in Finland since 2012, first as a student and since 2016 I've had a type A residence permit on the basis of work. I changed jobs throughout the validity of my permit. In early 2019 I got laid off at one of the places I used to work, and my employer reported this to Migri. They sent me a letter saying they are considering the cancellation of my permit, but during the time my status was in review I found a new job. When I told them that I got a new job, they have stopped the review and allowed me to keep my permit. Very soon (in 2 months to be precise) I am reaching the 4-year mark of my continuous residence and I have filled in the application for the permanent residence permit. One of the requirements for it is the payslips for this year and last year, but since I was unemployed for 2 months in-between jobs I am obviously missing these 2 payslips. Meaning that the first pay check I received was in March, not in January. I am really worried that the cancellation consideration that they had and the fact that I haven't been employed for the whole 2019 might influence their decision negatively. My current permit is still valid for another year. Has it happened before that they choose not to grant a permanent residence permit if there is still a year to go on the type A permit and the person has been unemployed for some time during the permit's validity?

I am sorry if this type of posts aren't allowed. I am just really nervous about this and wanted to hear advice from fellow forum members.
Thanks everyone.
Temporary unemployment is fine.

"When issuing extended permits, the alien’s financial resources shall be sufficient as provided in subsection 2, provided, however, that temporary resort to social assistance or other similar benefit securing the alien’s financial resource does not prevent the issue of the permit."

https://www.finlex.fi/fi/laki/kaannokse ... 040301.pdf

To get P you need to be eligible for an A extension.

letseatpizza

Re: Permanent residence permit

Post by letseatpizza » Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:40 pm

Hi! Thank you, this sounds good. I guess I would be eligible for extension as I am working now. Although I still have a year to go on my existing permit (and I am applying now because I am about to reach the 4-year residence requirement).