Cops confiscated my car's number plates

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Manpreet kaur

Post by Manpreet kaur » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:28 pm

Hi there,

I need help. I was driving to gym today in the morning.. Cops stopped me and fined me 70 euro .. they confiscated my car's number plates and ordered 'auto Katsastus' .... I didn't get what they said... Something like 7 days...they have given me an address where I have to go for car inspection... But they also took my number and said I will get a call....I don't know for what.... I think I am not allowed to drive for next seven days....what is the case? ..I am not that much aware of Finnish traffic rules...

Kindly guide me... Can I get my car inspected on Monday ...or should I wait for seven days.... I have to go to work..I am facing a lot of difficulty.... Can I go on my own..or should I wait ..?

Any help would be appreciated.....

Thanks in advance..

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Manpreet kaur

Re: Cops confiscated my car's number plates

Post by Manpreet kaur » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:49 pm

Now i got to know that it was because of non-inspection..
Can I go any time after booking an appointment....?
What is seven day period....which i didn't get...

Should i get my car inspected within seven days?
Or Am I not allowed to drive for seven days?

All the confusion because of language barrier.... what's the rule ... could anyone tell me, please?

rinso

Post by rinso » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:54 pm

Manpreet kaur wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:28 pm
Hi there,

I need help. I was driving to gym today in the morning.. Cops stopped me and fined me 70 euro .. they confiscated my car's number plates and ordered 'auto Katsastus' .... I didn't get what they said... Something like 7 days...they have given me an address where I have to go for car inspection... But they also took my number and said I will get a call....I don't know for what.... I think I am not allowed to drive for next seven days....what is the case? ..I am not that much aware of Finnish traffic rules...

Kindly guide me... Can I get my car inspected on Monday ...or should I wait for seven days.... I have to go to work..I am facing a lot of difficulty.... Can I go on my own..or should I wait ..?

Any help would be appreciated.....

Thanks in advance..
It seems that you drove without a valid inspection (katsatus). You have to get the inspection done within 7 days. You may drive to the inspection station, but nowhere else. You probably get your plates back when you pass the inspection. (don't know the procedure)
Driving without inspection is a serious offense. So don't drive anywhere else than to the inspection station (or to the garage for repairs).

heretostay

Post by heretostay » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:56 pm

You have 7 days to get the inspection and cannot drive the car unless you are driving directly to the inspection. Usually the fine is much higher so you are lucky.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:02 pm

heretostay wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:56 pm
You have 7 days to get the inspection and cannot drive the car unless you are driving directly to the inspection. Usually the fine is much higher so you are lucky.
Even driving to the inspection might be forbidden. "Poliisi on tehnyt sallittuja ajoja koskevat merkinnät valvontailmoitukseen eli siihen paperiin, jonka saa kilpien viennin yhteydessä. Jos valvontailmoituksessa ei ole annettu ajolupaa katsastukseen, tulee autolle hakea katsastusasemalta siirtolupa."

https://www.a-katsastus.fi/asiakaspalve ... tilanteita

Manpreet kaur: you need to translate the paper given to you. If needed, apply for a transfer permit.

https://www.traficom.fi/en/services/transfer-permit

It doesn't seem like there was a personal driving ban and if so you can drive other vehicles in the meanwhile.

Manpreet kaur

Post by Manpreet kaur » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:26 pm

Thank you somuch for your help...m overwhelmed..

The paper that cops gave me today states that after 23:59 today...I am only allowed to drive to Inspection office. Apart from it, under additional information category , it's been mentioned that number plates have been delivered to inspection office which I am supposed to visit for inspection..

Will I get number plates installed from this inspection office and after that there wouldn't be any restrictions.....?

And why did they take my number....?

Thank you so much..

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:31 pm

Manpreet kaur wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:26 pm

Will I get number plates installed from this inspection office and after that there wouldn't be any restrictions.....?
It’s not guaranteed. You might need repairs done first.

Manpreet kaur

Post by Manpreet kaur » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:34 pm

But what about seven day period.? What's that rule.?

Please, if you could guide me.

Manpreet kaur

Post by Manpreet kaur » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:37 pm

And where should i contact after getting the repairs done....in case i don't get the number plates from the inspection office.?

Thank you so much

Regards

heretostay

Post by heretostay » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:09 pm

The inspection office should give you instructions or an idea of who to contact if they don’t have your plates.

heretostay

Post by heretostay » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:12 pm

Manpreet kaur wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:34 pm
But what about seven day period.? What's that rule.?

Please, if you could guide me.
what does your paper say about 7 days?

Manpreet kaur

Post by Manpreet kaur » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:40 pm

Nothing has been written regarding seven days on paper... It was verbal communication... That's why I am asking....

rinso

Post by rinso » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:40 am

Manpreet kaur wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:40 pm
Nothing has been written regarding seven days on paper... It was verbal communication... That's why I am asking....
7 days is the normal period you get to fix problems with an outdated inspection report.

Manpreet kaur

Post by Manpreet kaur » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:47 am

rinso wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:40 am
Manpreet kaur wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:40 pm
7 days is the normal period you get to fix problems with an outdated inspection report.
Thank you so much

lysmy

Post by lysmy » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:16 am

If your car get rejected at inspection, you normally have 1 month to make repairs, during that time you can drive normally. But there are cases when you have only permission to drive home/repair shop or completely denied to drive after they move your car out from office, then you have to order somebody to pick you car (hinaus) to home/repairshop. You should get paper where all faults are listed.

Common information about car inspection in Finland: https://www.traficom.fi/en/transport/ro ... inspection.