Residence permit status after divorce

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
LudvigBorga

Post by LudvigBorga » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:14 pm

Just as the subject says. I'd like to know what becomes of my residence permit after a divorce; for example, how long I'll have before the government throws me back to my home country. I have no job or studies (other than Finnish courses) that I could re-apply for, and no other family. I don't have to renew until 2023, so would I be able to stay at least until then?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Residence permit status after divorce

Post by betelgeuse » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:33 pm

LudvigBorga wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:14 pm
Just as the subject says. I'd like to know what becomes of my residence permit after a divorce; for example, how long I'll have before the government throws me back to my home country. I have no job or studies (other than Finnish courses) that I could re-apply for, and no other family. I don't have to renew until 2023, so would I be able to stay at least until then?
The residence permit stays valid until Migri does a decision to cancel the permit and all appeals have been exhausted. I don't have info on how actively Migri monitors divorces and in any case appeals can take a while.

vla

Post by vla » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:14 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:33 pm
LudvigBorga wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:14 pm
The residence permit stays valid until Migri does a decision to cancel the permit and all appeals have been exhausted. I don't have info on how actively Migri monitors divorces and in any case appeals can take a while.
What if there are children? Does it make it any different?

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:53 pm

vla wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:14 pm
What if there are children? Does it make it any different?
Only if eligible through the children.