Car Financing for a foreigner

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
umersajid12

Post by umersajid12 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:25 am

I have been living in Finland for about 3 years now and haven't had any credit defaults and since i have a permanent job getting rejected for financing was not on my mind, so i visited Delta and they checked if i can get financing through OP. Which didn't go through, disappointed i called OP helpline and they didn't tell exactly why, but the answer was that i didn't get it because of the overall application.

Curious as to why my application doesn't get processed where some other people i know who are foreigners as well and have their applications accepted i tested out a few things.

1) Confirmed my credit by purchasing my report from https://www.asiakastieto.fi/ -- No Defaults or any issues.
2) Filled OP form for preliminary financing through Nettiauto.fi with a lot of different parameters ( like increased down-payment, different variations of the repayment years and loan amounts ).

Alas the financing still didn't go through even for loan amounts as little as my salary and all of the corresponding emails from OP told me to call their helpline to get more details, Calling the helpline got me no where as well as they didn't give me a reason other than the first "overall application" reason. So the question basically is, has someone else ever been in this kind of a situation? Or can anyone offer some kind of a advice? i'd at-least like to know about the reason why my application gets rejected.

Br

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Car Financing for a foreigner

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:26 pm

umersajid12 wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:25 am
I have been living in Finland for about 3 years now and haven't had any credit defaults and since i have a permanent job getting rejected for financing was not on my mind, so i visited Delta and they checked if i can get financing through OP. Which didn't go through, disappointed i called OP helpline and they didn't tell exactly why, but the answer was that i didn't get it because of the overall application.

Curious as to why my application doesn't get processed where some other people i know who are foreigners as well and have their applications accepted i tested out a few things.

1) Confirmed my credit by purchasing my report from https://www.asiakastieto.fi/ -- No Defaults or any issues.
2) Filled OP form for preliminary financing through Nettiauto.fi with a lot of different parameters ( like increased down-payment, different variations of the repayment years and loan amounts ).

Alas the financing still didn't go through even for loan amounts as little as my salary and all of the corresponding emails from OP told me to call their helpline to get more details, Calling the helpline got me no where as well as they didn't give me a reason other than the first "overall application" reason. So the question basically is, has someone else ever been in this kind of a situation? Or can anyone offer some kind of a advice? i'd at-least like to know about the reason why my application gets rejected.
They are allowed to keep their credit criteria to themselves. Only if the denial is due to credit report, are they required to disclose it.

"Luoton myöntäminen on pankille, luottokorttiyhtiölle tai muulle rahoituslaitokselle vapaaehtoista. Luoton myöntämiseen liittyvät perusteet ovat pankin liikesalaisuuteen kuuluvia, eikä niitä ole siksi velvollisuutta kertoa asiakkaille. Vain siinä tapauksessa että luoton myöntämättä jättäminen on perustunut asiakkaalla olevaan maksuhäiriömerkintään, on asiakkaalla oikeus saada tieto kielteisen luottopäätöksen syystä."

https://www.fine.fi/finanssitietoa/pank ... asiat.html

heretostay

Re: Car Financing for a foreigner

Post by heretostay » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:05 pm

Try Santander