Laminated will

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Y77

Laminated will

Post by Y77 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:42 am

Does anybody know if a will could be laminated to prevent the ink from fading? I did mine several years ago and I've noticed is not as readable as it used to be. I was thinking of having it laminated, but would that invalidate it? What does Finnish law says about it? Thanks!

Laminated will

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Y77

Re: Laminated will

Post by Y77 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:51 pm

Nobody knows anything about it? Don't they say where there is a will there is a way?

cesium

Post by cesium » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:33 am

Laminating may not help.

Ink fades either due to being of low quality, or printed on acidic paper. Preferably, you should print this document with a laser printer instead of ink. In either case, use a high quality archival (acid free) paper. Any writing should be done with a high quality pigment ink pen. Finally, store the document in a folder or envelope which is also acid free.

A document that is prepared in this way and stored in a dark and dry space should last 100 years.

Y77

Post by Y77 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:45 am

cesium wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:33 am
Laminating may not help.

Ink fades either due to being of low quality, or printed on acidic paper. Preferably, you should print this document with a laser printer instead of ink. In either case, use a high quality archival (acid free) paper. Any writing should be done with a high quality pigment ink pen. Finally, store the document in a folder or envelope which is also acid free.

A document that is prepared in this way and stored in a dark and dry space should last 100 years.
ok thanks, the problem is that the will was printed already years ago and cost me 100's of euros through a solicitor's office...if laminating it will not help do you know any other ways to stop it from fading? I already store it in the dark inside a large envelope, but don't know if it's acid-free

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:11 pm

Y77 wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:45 am
cesium wrote:
Laminating may not help.

ok thanks, the problem is that the will was printed already years ago and cost me 100's of euros through a solicitor's office...if laminating it will not help do you know any other ways to stop it from fading? I already store it in the dark inside a large envelope, but don't know if it's acid-free
You could make use of certified copies to increase chances that one will survive.

https://dvv.fi/en/notarisation-of-a-copy-of-a-document

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:12 pm

Y77 wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:45 am
cesium wrote:
Laminating may not help.

Dunno if it is copyright infringement, but just copy the text, get witnesses and sign the will.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.