Would someone get social assistence when...

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Mizu1993

Post by Mizu1993 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:12 pm

you don't do that what TE Toimisto wants you to do? I have been talking with a finnish friend about this and she also doesn't know for sure. She says that legally they actually have to help if you don't have enough money and when TE Toimisto cuts the unemployment benefits, but is this really true?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Would someone get social assistence when...

Post by betelgeuse » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:35 pm

Mizu1993 wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:12 pm
you don't do that what TE Toimisto wants you to do? I have been talking with a finnish friend about this and she also doesn't know for sure. She says that legally they actually have to help if you don't have enough money and when TE Toimisto cuts the unemployment benefits, but is this really true?
Social assistance can only be lowered - not cut away completely.

Mizu1993

Post by Mizu1993 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:41 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:35 pm
Mizu1993 wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:12 pm
Social assistance can only be lowered - not cut away completely.
But when someone gets unemployment benfits, they don't get social assistance anymore. :?: So if someone says no to something that TE Toimisto wants, they will remove the unemployment benefits...right? So what then? How to survive after that for weeks?

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:48 pm

Mizu1993 wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:41 pm
But when someone gets unemployment benfits, they don't get social assistance anymore.
Getting unemployment benefits doesn't automatically meant that one is ineligible for social assistance.
Mizu1993 wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:41 pm
So if someone says no to something that TE Toimisto wants, they will remove the unemployment benefits...right? So what then? How to survive after that for weeks?
Most likely one gets more social assistance. I suggest you read the relevant Kela pages.

https://www.kela.fi/web/en/social-assistance-overview