Neighbor's dogs keep barking. What can I do?

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Suomi123

Post by Suomi123 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:38 pm

We live in a detached house. Our closest neighbor is only about 100-200m far away. They have 6 dogs, all hunting dogs. Sometimes they are quiet, sometimes they bark FOR HOURS, I have recorded a few videos.

We have talked to them for months now but the problem still exists. They don't even bother to talk to us. We may loose our job (we work online) because of the noise, our clients already complained.

We contacted the police but they said they couldn't do anything and told us to contacted LLKY. But I have the feeling that they won't do anything either.

We really love Finland, we don't want to move just because of the dogs. Do you have any suggestions?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Neighbor's dogs keep barking. What can I do?

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:22 pm

Suomi123 wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:38 pm
We live in a detached house. Our closest neighbor is only about 100-200m far away. They have 6 dogs, all hunting dogs. Sometimes they are quiet, sometimes they bark FOR HOURS, I have recorded a few videos.

We have talked to them for months now but the problem still exists. They don't even bother to talk to us. We may loose our job (we work online) because of the noise, our clients already complained.

We contacted the police but they said they couldn't do anything and told us to contacted LLKY. But I have the feeling that they won't do anything either.

We really love Finland, we don't want to move just because of the dogs. Do you have any suggestions?
If nothing else works, a court order would be an effective but slow route. You would need to consult a lawyer for that.

vla

Post by vla » Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:40 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:22 pm
Suomi123 wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:38 pm

If nothing else works, a court order would be an effective but slow route. You would need to consult a lawyer for that.
An easier option (sometimes) could be moving out, you don't need to leave Finland, just to find better neighbors.

riku2

Post by riku2 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:33 pm

We may loose our job (we work online) because of the noise, our clients already complained
So the noise from the dogs barking 100m away is loud enough to travel through the windows and disturb meetings with your clients? At least in my house the windows and insulation are good enough that workmen can cut down trees in my garden but with the windows closed I barely hear anything. Aren't new windows the answer?

SecretCode

Post by SecretCode » Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:15 pm

Also, if you work online with calls and rely on good quality audio, invest in a headset with a noise-cancelling microphone. Even if it costs over 200€.

They reduce background noise - worth it even for other people / pets in the house, and the sound of your keyboard if you are working on records during the calls.