Finnish passport and ID card

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Post Reply
rickx1234
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:00 pm

Finnish passport and ID card

Post by rickx1234 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:16 pm

I was just granted Finnish citizenship a couple of days ago and I learnt from migri that the citizenship is updated in the väestötietojärjestelmä same day as the citizenship granted. I aimed at applying for a Finnish ID card as well as passport but the status in the system was not updated. I wrote to Digi ja väestötietovirasto awaiting their replies. Anyone got similar experiences?



Finnish passport and ID card

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic
 

betelgeuse
Posts: 3581
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:24 am

Re: Finnish passport and ID card

Post by betelgeuse » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:44 pm

rickx1234 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:16 pm
I was just granted Finnish citizenship a couple of days ago and I learnt from migri that the citizenship is updated in the väestötietojärjestelmä same day as the citizenship granted. I aimed at applying for a Finnish ID card as well as passport but the status in the system was not updated. I wrote to Digi ja väestötietovirasto awaiting their replies. Anyone got similar experiences?
https://migri.fi/passin-hakeminen

rickx1234
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:00 pm

Re: Finnish passport and ID card

Post by rickx1234 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:04 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:44 pm
rickx1234 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:16 pm
I was just granted Finnish citizenship a couple of days ago and I learnt from migri that the citizenship is updated in the väestötietojärjestelmä same day as the citizenship granted. I aimed at applying for a Finnish ID card as well as passport but the status in the system was not updated. I wrote to Digi ja väestötietovirasto awaiting their replies. Anyone got similar experiences?
https://migri.fi/passin-hakeminen
Thanks. Saw that before and I have henkilötunnus. But when I applied online at poliisi.fi, my nationality status is blank and I am not eligible by far for applying finnish ID or passport. On the other hand, option of alien ID card is available.

betelgeuse
Posts: 3581
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:24 am

Re: Finnish passport and ID card

Post by betelgeuse » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:34 pm

rickx1234 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:04 pm
betelgeuse wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:44 pm
rickx1234 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:16 pm
I was just granted Finnish citizenship a couple of days ago and I learnt from migri that the citizenship is updated in the väestötietojärjestelmä same day as the citizenship granted. I aimed at applying for a Finnish ID card as well as passport but the status in the system was not updated. I wrote to Digi ja väestötietovirasto awaiting their replies. Anyone got similar experiences?
https://migri.fi/passin-hakeminen
Thanks. Saw that before and I have henkilötunnus. But when I applied online at poliisi.fi, my nationality status is blank and I am not eligible by far for applying finnish ID or passport. On the other hand, option of alien ID card is available.
You can check the system status online at before going next time.

https://dvv.fi/omien-tietojen-tarkastus-palvelu


Post Reply