internship as part of the integration plan

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Chaouki

Post by Chaouki » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:13 pm

Hello,

Our teacher recently mentioned that we need to start looking for a place to do the internship as part of the integration plan.
The internship duration is for three weeks and is supposed to help us practice Finnish language. I have a Master degree is Molecular Biology but not sure if companies will be interested in such short-term internship. I'm currently living in Oulu and I don't know where to start looking and was hoping if anyone can share their experiences.

Thank you.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

pikku_tatti25

Re: internship as part of the integration plan

Post by pikku_tatti25 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:12 pm

Chaouki wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:13 pm
Hello,

Our teacher recently mentioned that we need to start looking for a place to do the internship as part of the integration plan.
The internship duration is for three weeks and is supposed to help us practice Finnish language. I have a Master degree is Molecular Biology but not sure if companies will be interested in such short-term internship. I'm currently living in Oulu and I don't know where to start looking and was hoping if anyone can share their experiences.

Thank you.
Hi there! I have a few friends who went through TE integration plan. You actually will have 2 internships during the course ( for 3 weeks and later 12 weeks). Ideally, you should look for a company in your area of expertise, as it may lead to the second internship and probably a permanent job. In case you can't find one, your career coach will help you get a place in a kindergarten or supermarket, which is understood as a "kieliharjoittelu".

In your case, I guess you could try to apply to Oulu University lab. You probably don't have to speak Finnish there :D You can continue the internship after the 3-week period if you want to, so long as you manage to keep up with the course program (which moves quite fast after that).

Chaouki

Re: internship as part of the integration plan

Post by Chaouki » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:12 pm

pikku_tatti25 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:12 pm
Chaouki wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:13 pm
Hello,

Thank you.
Hi there! I have a few friends who went through TE integration plan. You actually will have 2 internships during the course ( for 3 weeks and later 12 weeks). Ideally, you should look for a company in your area of expertise, as it may lead to the second internship and probably a permanent job. In case you can't find one, your career coach will help you get a place in a kindergarten or supermarket, which is understood as a "kieliharjoittelu".

In your case, I guess you could try to apply to Oulu University lab. You probably don't have to speak Finnish there :D You can continue the internship after the 3-week period if you want to, so long as you manage to keep up with the course program (which moves quite fast after that).
Thanks a lot, that gives me rough idea on what I should be doing!