Work and Residence permit

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Vahid8080

Post by Vahid8080 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:28 pm

I have a residence permit based on the work up to 2024.
I have a contract that shows I will have 1200 €/month as a salary.
Unfortunately, this month, the company that I am working on has a really low payment due to the market situation.

Therefore I don't receive 1200 €/month for an unclear time period.

I want to apply for my permanent residence permit Sep. 2021.

1- Does this matter make a problem for me?

2-If I want to have a long-term no salary leave (1 year to 1.5 years) from my company, is it Ok for Migri (when I want to apply for my Permanent residence permit)?

P.S: I already start to work somewhere else (Posti) but maybe for a while my income be lower than 1200 €/month. I also have my own saving.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Work and Residence permit

Post by betelgeuse » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:53 pm

Vahid8080 wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:28 pm
Unfortunately, this month, the company that I am working on has a really low payment due to the market situation.

I want to apply for my permanent residence permit Sep. 2021.

1- Does this matter make a problem for me?
Maybe. To get a permanent permit one needs to be eligible for an extension and Migri says.

"If the employee applies for an extended permit, one of the conditions for granting the extension is that the person has had secure means of support during the validity of the previous permit. If it seems like work cannot be offered in the future, for example due to the coronavirus outbreak, and the applicant has not found new employment, it is unlikely that the applicant is granted an extended permit. The Finnish Immigration Service or the TE Office will assess whether the person applying for an extended permit has sufficient means of support."

https://migri.fi/en/faq-coronavirus#working

Though it's worth nothing that secure means of support also includes, for example, money in the bank account.

Vahid8080

Post by Vahid8080 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:31 pm

Thanks
My residence permit is valid to 2024.
So if my company pay me less than 1200 before applying my permanent residence permit, it makes problem for me?

mdn

Post by mdn » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:19 am

Vahid8080 wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:31 pm
So if my company pay me less than 1200 before applying my permanent residence permit, it makes problem for me?
Take a look to the permanent residence permit's form - there are some documents which you must to provide (and they are related to your income).

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:39 pm

Vahid8080 wrote:

Did they conduct formal layoff negotiations?
If your contract guarantees you 1200 €/month as a salary, they cannot just pay you less.
Migri might also be interested to hear on what legal basis your salary became lower than what was the basis for your current residence permit.

You should ask for legal advice if your employer attempts to defraud you like this:
https://www.sak.fi/en/working-life/immigrants

burak25

Post by burak25 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:38 pm

For P type residence permit Migri asks your current contract and up to 6 months payment slips. If you provide them no problem, plus I am sure one month of bad payment in 2020 should be acceptable. Everyone is losing their jobs in the WORLD.

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:35 pm

burak25 wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:38 pm
For P type residence permit Migri asks your current contract and up to 6 months payment slips. If you provide them no problem,
Migri also checks that the employer has paid social security contributions according to the salary.
burak25 wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:38 pm
plus I am sure one month of bad payment in 2020 should be acceptable. Everyone is losing their jobs in the WORLD.
Losing your job is one thing, having obtained a previous residence permit through fraud is quite different.
Vahid8080 wrote:
This is a really tiny salary, barely enough for a residence permit.

There should be a sound legal reason why the employer was permitted to pay even less than what was guaranteed in the contract, otherwise silently accepting less salary might look like a fraudulently obtained residence permit.