Possibility

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
Manu1991

Possibility

Post by Manu1991 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:42 pm

Hi..

I am an IELTS TRAINER in india, having experience of 3 years. I just would like to know what are my chances of working as an IELTS Trainer in Finland..?
Could anyone tell if I can get any job in this field or open my own coaching institute.?

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank you

Warm regards,
Manu

Possibility

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinlandGirl

Re: Possibility

Post by FinlandGirl » Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:01 pm

Manu1991 wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:42 pm
I am an IELTS TRAINER in india, having experience of 3 years. I just would like to know what are my chances of working as an IELTS Trainer in Finland..?
Could anyone tell if I can get any job in this field or open my own coaching institute.?
For getting proper employment your chances are zero.

Depending on your formal qualifications some company might be willing to give you a course on a freelance basis, and if the feedback is good they might again give you hours. Most immigrants with English as native language who come as spouse and are not able to get a proper job hope to find language teaching work, expect plenty of competition for few hours.

Even if you have the money for opening an own coaching institute - how do you want to open a business in a market you do not know?

ogiv

Re: Possibility

Post by ogiv » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:22 am

Manu, are you already in Finland, meaning do you already have a Residence permit to live and work in Finland?

If you are looking for a job in Finland from outside Finland, then it is going to be very very difficult.

I think it would be already difficult to get a job as IELTS trainer in Finland if you are in Finland and do not know the local language. I find that jobs are not so easy to get in Finland. It appears that many get filled through references.

But things might be different for entrepreneur. Others on this forum might be able to help with that. Wish you all the best!