Salary information disclosure?

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
johncap1

Post by johncap1 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:10 am

Hi,

I currently work in an IT company in Finland and interviewing for new jobs. My question is that, Is it allowed in Finland to disclose salary to a potential new employer yourself, or if they ask about your current salary in an interview?

And can they also ask for old salary slip in case a company decides to give me a job offer? Thank you!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinlandGirl

Re: Salary information disclosure?

Post by FinlandGirl » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:25 am

johncap1 wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:10 am
I currently work in an IT company in Finland and interviewing for new jobs. My question is that, Is it allowed in Finland to disclose salary to a potential new employer yourself, or if they ask about your current salary in an interview?
Tax information is public.
johncap1 wrote:
And can they also ask for old salary slip in case a company decides to give me a job offer?
It sounds weird that a company would be that interested in your current salary.

Usually companies are only interested in how much you want, the amount you are asking for does not have to be related to your current salary.

johncap1

Post by johncap1 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:19 pm

FinlandGirl wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:25 am
johncap1 wrote:
johncap1 wrote:
And can they also ask for old salary slip in case a company decides to give me a job offer?

Usually companies are only interested in how much you want, the amount you are asking for does not have to be related to your current salary.
Thank you for the answer. The company didn't ask for the salary slip but, during the interview I was inquired about my current salary, which I also kind of find weird

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:01 pm

johncap1 wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:19 pm
FinlandGirl wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:25 am
johncap1 wrote:
johncap1 wrote:

Thank you for the answer. The company didn't ask for the salary slip but, during the interview I was inquired about my current salary, which I also kind of find weird
I think they are gauging what kind of offer you might accept. Or that if you are expecting way too much and they aren't prepared to pay that. Eg. you earn now 5k/month and are asking 6k and they were thinking 4.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.