American female needs work in Oulu

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
Pursuivant

Re: American female needs work in Oulu

Post by Pursuivant » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:18 pm

tummansininen wrote: The first few will be language, culture and job market.
well... ummm... no. the first one to be able to to tackle those 3 she needs a residence permit for that. which she has an option that the horse is there and the jockey is sober, the second horse is a flying one out of aladdin, and the third horse isn't been sired yet but theres a promising mare. so if it ain't the first horse then I wouldn't waste my money on betting. but thats just me.

"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:30 pm

Meghan wrote: Anyhow, I am not out of touch with reality, I just did not think that it would be as difficult as it is.
axshually you are. you never read with clear eyes http://www.migri.fi and never took your brain out of that purple haze figured out when it doesn't say "YES" anywhere that means "NO" exactly. nowhere does it say there a non-EU third world person can come over and stay - it says you need to have this, have that, and apply - and only in special circumstances laid out in an intricate pattern of NO and MAYBE NOT and PROBABLY NOT.

an infatuated boy/girlfriend who doesn't know the realities of foreigner-import is the last in the line of people to ask for advice - they say "yes, yes, yes", when anyone with a clear mind will say "are you kidding me, of course not, whomever planted such ideas in your head?"

but please rest assured the world has the same amount of bull - just read what it takes for your bf to get a residence permit in the USA, and Finland seems a whole lot less bureaucratic. we just got one rule of NO where USA has 10 NFW.

Meghan

Post by Meghan » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:27 pm

Ohhh Pursuivant.......
Your replies have been well understood, internalized, and somewhat repetative. I understand your point(s). There is no need for you to be a dick about it or to talk to me in such a condescending way. :ochesey:
"I walked a mile with Sorrow
and never a word said she
but oh the things I learned from her
when Sorrow walked with me."

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:09 pm

well what do I loose being a dick, what incentive do I have being nice? sorry, you need to be single and moving to civilization to get me being less of a dick :lol: then again you wouldn't need to be asking all these questions. I'm too old to be beating around the bush, and repetition is the mother of learning. :beer_yum:

Karhunkoski

Post by Karhunkoski » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:44 pm

Meghan wrote: There is no need for you to be a dick about it

Truth hurts darling.

As for Hank's approach, to me this just appears as Finnish honesty, and it was given for free.
Political correctness is the belief that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:08 pm

I just wait when there'd be enough business to establish a company where I would be actually *paid* for de-establiarizing the inherent stupidity in the system..

Meghan

Post by Meghan » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:08 pm

Yes...I am aware of Finnish honesty and I have become quite used to the Finnish dark humor as well. I guess you could say I was being a smartass, perhaps you could not understand that. Then again, my comment was to Pursuivant and not to you. And actually, I have enjoyed and appreciated the information and comments that Pursuivant has given. I have also found them entertaining because Pursuivant shows his sense of humor. So, "darling," I think you misunderstood the humor in my post. :wink:

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:22 pm

dunno but if I was having a gf in Florida, I'd be like gone yesterday... sheesh, this time of the year and move to *Oulu* ... I'd rather be in Ft.Lauderdale scraping boat bottoms in the harbor... so no problem honey, you *are* insane. even your Oulu hick would fit in, he could just say he's from Lake Worth :lol:

raamv

Post by raamv » Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:56 pm

Here we go again..
Raindrops are falling on my head err...
At least I have lately been positive this time of the year...and not gotten into these arguments..
and having Lived in 3 continents...gives me perspective enuff to say that this relationship is going to the doldrums...
Hypothetically, even after marriage ( which is the ONLY possibility for now for the OP to stay here ), the search for work and the grueling time spent in learning the language,will not fill their family coffers.that too in Oulu ( Not that Oulu dont have millionaires..but :roll: )..
As for the BF; going to US on a work visa especially after >550K Americans ( and climbing) are out of jobs..is going to be gargantum!!
Easier place Could be UK, Germany etc. but then thats another whole different ballgame..
Pursuviant has laid out the framework without going into a plan..
but has given enuff info to formulate plans A B C D and E.. A being Marriage -> Moving to a place where jobs are better than Oulu(HEL_ESP_VAN area)..and then figuring out another harsh dose of reality... :roll:

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:10 pm

and with this recession coming everybody is turning on to studying, so theres a triple fight over the study places the next 2-3 years

Meghan

Post by Meghan » Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:35 pm

Considering that the Hurriganes are a Finnish band and that I am from Tallahassee, this video could only make me smile. :wink:

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:44 pm

if she can survive Hurriganes and Hank then there is no remedy ;)

raamv

Post by raamv » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:13 pm

Pursuivant wrote:if she can survive Hurriganes and Hank then there is no remedy ;)
Dont forget the November rain and the Rabid Penguins..and the endless staring of people...
//Wake me up when November ends!!

bhomrah

Post by bhomrah » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:31 pm

This boy friend and girl friend diseases is very bad its usally hang people on strange condition , so God bless you

lets

Post by lets » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:29 am

hei Meghan.
I don't know who you are but reading your posts I beleive that you'll be ok here or everywhere you are.
What about Finland, my respect and best wishes for Finland.