intership in Finland for 5 months?

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
bm5lackili

Post by bm5lackili » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:57 pm

Well, I'm one of many Asian students who have had arrived to Finland for education 4 years ago. I have to admit that after 4 years and only have basic Finnish language skill is a shame. Even due to the reason at first I didn't plan to stay after my graduation.

More than one year ago, I have had permission from CEO of one medium size international firm located in Espoo had agreed for me to use their company to write the thesis and I have had proceed already in the middle of the work. But I was unlucky because the company have some internal issues. I knew all this information because my friend worked for the company.They didn't reply my mails after all.

Starting again is so frustrating in this economic situation.Meanwhile, my language skills are quite poor. I speak only Vietnamese, the mother tongue, English, basic Finnish and basic French. I have small baby, the father of baby is technical consultant who has worked in abroad 365 days in a year. So his help is zero to me. That's why I can not apply for internship in another countries.

I supposed to completed my degree within 3,5 years. However, due to maternity leave and the time for setting down the new life for a while, I couldn't make it. My school is not in Uusimaa area, but because I almost done everything except the training and the thesis so I don't want to troublesome with more paper work. I hope that I can find this internship in Uusimaa area especially in Helsinki ( if it's possible).

I have had working all the summer time since I moved to Finland. But all the jobs are only for living purposes such waitress, cook, nanny. So I do not have any experience in working in my profile. My degree is International Business. I have tried many sources which provided from school and be close friend with mol.fi.
I do not expect something unrealistic target for any payment internship either some place in famous organizations ( which many of them even didn't care to reply my mails). However, I hope I will not have to make tea or cleaning the paper trash. Obviously I need to use the organization context for my thesis.

I'm willing to hear any advice where I should contact or search information either if there's any research about market, anything that I can attend to. Very important here is the matter of time, and I will not ask for any salary.

P.s I'm very serious at work. Learning the things fast and flexible is my strengths, computer skills are quite good, stereo-type of communication, :D
Sincerely, :thumbsup:

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic