Fishing fleet work

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
esox

Fishing fleet work

Post by esox » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:22 am

Hi just out of interest does anyone know where the large Finnish trawlers are based? I know there are a few they occasionally came up in the AIS ship location and tracking when I was working in the north sea.

I am expecting for people to say 'industry died here years ago' but there are a few boats mainly large pelagic (mid water) trawlers working I think they might be in the archipelago though. I could do with a couple of trips here and there as my work is part time and I miss the sea very much. possibly the companies that own the ships, often they are run by food processors and there is little information on them. Im not looking for small day boats either just large factory ships.

I do have experience, all tickets required and can take watch, because I know people like to shoot down others on here and tell them to give up the dreams but I am a professional seaman, well was until the French and Belgians dried up the English channel.

Bit of a long shot and I think its going to be a very cold job in this part of the world.

kiitos.

Fishing fleet work

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic