Questions about purchasing a franking machine

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
tfwings

Post by tfwings » Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:43 pm

Hello,

I need a little bit of advice from people that have bought a franking machine in Finland.

Im considering about purchasing a franking machine for my starting business. Id say that my business needs at least a medium volume machine.
Theres not a whole lot of information considering the price of franking machines and I figured Id ask you guys if anyone knows
(because when asking franking machine company for an offer they want to negociate at your office and not directly send any price information through e-mail.)

- how much do medium volume franking machines cost approximately? for example, DM300c Pitney Bowes,Is-420 Neopost.
- have you purchased a franking machine, how much did it cost?
- what were the pros and cons?
- were there any surprises later on after purchasing a franking machine?

Ive been also looking for shops etc that sell used franking machines, but I havent found any. I suppose the companies that sell said machines are controlling the information pretty well.

I was also wondering about buying a used franking machine from other European country like Germany. Would it be possible to use the machine also in Finland if it was the same model, would it be possible to install Finnish post offices price information.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic