NATIONAL LANGUAGE certificate and Finnish board

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
Dina Nour

Post by Dina Nour » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:48 pm

Hei :)
First of all, I am Dr. Dina Nour, I have 2 citizenships (Egyptian-Finnish) and I want to ask if there is here any Dentist please urgently :D ...
I have 3 completely different questions :D
1- I want to ask if m gonna start a job in Finland are they gonna ask me about a national language certificate because of my second citizenship? and also I was living in Egypt ...
2- what kind of dental studies that Finland prefer? if m gonna move to Finland and be a dentist there... I have already read everything on valvira site but I am asking, what kind of certificate will help me in Finland to have a higher level in dentistry in general while finding a job as a dentist, for now, m certified from a non-EU country, so if it will be better if I took Australian board or German fellowship or MJDF for example ??
3- is there is a dental Finnish board like the American one or no, please? I searched but I didn't find anything about something like that

THAAAAAANKS IN ADVANCE :D :D :D

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

PJG

Re: NATIONAL LANGUAGE certificate and Finnish board

Post by PJG » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:13 am

http://www.valvira.fi/web/en/healthcare ... te/dentist

Everything you want to know is answered on that Valvira page.

1. Your language skills MUST be certified to a particular public service standard. You cannot avoid this. If you want to be licensed (and you must, to practice as or use the title of Dentist in Finland) you need to prove your language proficiency meet their requirements. Either Finnish or Swedish, but it must be one of those two languages. Those are the official languages in Finland, no others. If you are serious, get started now on learning the language.

2. Your dentistry qualification will be audited by Valvira through their process, including testing/exam etc. If you want to know what foreign qualification is most easily accepted by them, ask them. There's no substitute for asking the people who will make the decision for the answer to this question. Get it straight from the horse's mouth.

3. Apollonia is the Finnish Dental Society, the representative organisation for licensed professionals in Finland. See here: https://www.apollonia.fi/Apollonia/www. ... 2&gggnfa=o

Dina Nour

Post by Dina Nour » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:55 pm

thank you so much for your time :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Dentistlab

Post by Dentistlab » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:09 pm

Hello
I am also a dentist who has been living in Finland for 3 years but I am not working as a dentist here.
Did you manage to get your dentistry certificate recognised? If yes can you please how the process of registration went for you.